Thread: This Should Be Easy...Fan Settings

Advanced Tuner

This Should Be Easy...Fan Settings

So I've been working with my fan settings and during a wot pull my fan did not disable.

My settings look like this:

Desired ECT: 183
    Max RPM: 4000
    Min RPM: 0
    WOT Disable: 0s

This is on a 2011 Mustang GT.

There are other settings as well, but I don't think they have any bearing on this seeing as if I'm understanding the settings...the max rpm the fan would be on would be 4k and the delay to disable should be 0*.

I have a 160* t-stat and have been able to maintain between 180-185 at idle and around 170-175 cruising, but the fan was on for a pull and didn't disable. I've got a secondary led wired into it...that's a whole different story, but has made diaging this easier.

Thanks for any help guys.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Try to set the WOT Disable to something besides 0 and see if it activates it.

Advanced Tuner
    I was thinking about that today. Thinking that maybe having 0 in there causes the program to ignore that there's anything even going on and it just disregards that table.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    I was thinking about that today. Thinking that maybe having 0 in there causes the program to ignore that there's anything even going on and it just disregards that table.
    That's what I am thinking. I know some vehicles disable them at a certain MPH also, but I don't see that in any of the copperhead files I have. It may be something that can be added though.