Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sct tune. Is it possible for tuner to change the read to give inaccurate infp

Sct tune. Is it possible for tuner to change the read to give inaccurate infp

Basically, I got a read from a buddys auto 5.0 mustang who bought a tune and installed it on his car with a SCT tuner.his car runs and shifts great but I was trying to compare it to stock and tunes I've bought, but looking at his tune, I don't even see how his car runs or shifts. most values are zero or crazy numbers and in trans auto shift speeds not even listed.. only gear ratio vs gears is listed (and they are all zeroed.) ......so is it possible for a tuner to have the info from a sct tune manipulated where our hpt will read out incorrectly? im not selling or giving out tunes but Id like to see what values are changed to help me tune my own car.

From what I've heard, Some of the most used tuners are editing the strategy ID to populate tables to be read incorrectly with HPTuners. Basically, what you are seeing is what they are doing to keep people from copying their work.

Advanced Tuner
    The strategy from one of my tunes was different from what my stock was. Where the values show up on that tune are different than anything else I've got. Don't know if this helps but it's an observation I made. Thought certain tables weren't there, but they were just in different areas.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Hmm....I haven't seen what it actually does, just heard about it, so I can't offer much help. I haven't got a chance to compare different strategies for the same year model vehicle yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 02reaper View Post
    From what I've heard, Some of the most used tuners are editing the strategy ID to populate tables to be read incorrectly with HPTuners. Basically, what you are seeing is what they are doing to keep people from copying their work.
    wondering if there is a fix for this? I sent the tune to support, maybe Eric knows if anything can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by schaid View Post
    The strategy from one of my tunes was different from what my stock was. Where the values show up on that tune are different than anything else I've got. Don't know if this helps but it's an observation I made. Thought certain tables weren't there, but they were just in different areas.
    a lot of tables aren't there and like I said earlier there are lots and lots of zeros and unusual numbers in places that there shouldn't be, I'm by no means an expert tuner(or even close) but I don't see how a car could even run with this tune

I have a tune that I pulled from a Coyote that is exactly how you described. I am very confused on how this thing works.
    Total Masshole.
    2013 F150 FX4 Supercrew Ecoboost - STOCK
    2013 Mustang GT Premium - Lots of Mods, 424 RWHP SOLD
    2009 Cobalt SS/TC Black Sedan
    227whp/224wtq Stock. Dejon CP, K&N SRI, Forge BPV, Catless, BadMab Catless DP, MPx 3" Catback, HPT Tuned 328whp/425wtq. SOLD
    2004 GTO Pulse Red 1 of 512 - R.I.P. 5/31/09

Advanced Tuner
    Like I said, everything I've pulled so far has been just fine. The one I mentioned that just had all the values just in different spots, one example of this is where some of the vct tables showed up. Where on my tune they were in the center column on the other they were in the far right. Have yet to see anything that has zeros, but then again I've only got a handful that are actually worth a damn. It took me about a week to get my head around everything, but last year Eric was very helpful w/ some descriptions as he was tuning my car so I had a headstart. Wasn't coming in blind by any measure. One thing I noticed on the cj tune I got from reaper was in the 5k area of the evc op table they go from +5 to +10 for a couple tables then back to +5. Saw this as odd mainly because I've not seen anything like that. I attribute this to some sort of launch area for the car and seeing as it's not setup for anything other than wot and cruising in the pits it makes some sense, not much but some.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

There are some tuners that have edited the strategy ID in the tune to something different (a valid strategy, but not the actual strategy used). Since our software loads the definition based on the strategy ID, it loads the incorrect one, and that is why the values look screwed up.

Technically I can fix the files, but I have agreed to not do that because of the tuners that do it want to keep people from ripping their work off.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Hmm....I haven't seen what it actually does, just heard about it, so I can't offer much help. I haven't got a chance to compare different strategies for the same year model vehicle yet.
    sent you a pm

since its not the real tune here is what it looks like....not sure where they got the strategy for this
    Attached Files Attached Files

WOW....Pretty much everything in the tune is whacked up so the end user can't read the correct values.

It blows me away that this topic barely exists in the GM world. Lol.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Me too....

WOW....Pretty much everything in the tune is whacked up so the end user can't read the correct values.
    pretty amazing isn't it.....

maybe they are scared to have their tune readable because of liability , like if their tune destroys an engine you couldn't prove it.

Advanced Tuner
    It's probably because they don't want to be called on the carpet. I have seen a few tunes from different "tuners" that are a joke. If word got out on who they were no one would waste their money with them and a flood of customer's would want their money back.

I call it preying on the ignorant. That needs to change ASAP and I like where HP Tuners is taking it.

Tuner in Training
    Exactly. As I look more into Ford tuning everyone is so secretive. I mean the stuff isn't magic. The fact that anyone can read my work when I tune a gm car was a big motivating force for me to learn how to do things the right way when I was starting out. Some of the Ford tuners could be hacks and no one would ever know it.

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    it's probably because they don't want to be called on the carpet. I have seen a few tunes from different "tuners" that are a joke. If word got out on who they were no one would waste their money with them and a flood of customer's would want their money back.

I call it preying on the ignorant. That needs to change asap and i like where hp tuners is taking it.
    qft
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    It's probably because they don't want to be called on the carpet. I have seen a few tunes from different "tuners" that are a joke. If word got out on who they were no one would waste their money with them and a flood of customer's would want their money back.

I call it preying on the ignorant. That needs to change ASAP and I like where HP Tuners is taking it.
    I feel this is pretty accurate.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC