Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sct tune. Is it possible for tuner to change the read to give inaccurate infp

Advanced Tuner
    Amen!!! The more I dig into a previous tune, the more I find it's pretty much a carbon copy of a boss tune in some aspects w/ some MINOR finessing here and there. I mean I get it...but I paid for a "custom" tune...not a knockoff boss tune.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

me too

Tuner in Training
    Smoke and Mirrors. Most are doing the same type of stuff but they want you to believe they have filled your tune with unicorn hooves and fairy dust that nobody else has access to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin@JPCRacing View Post
    Smoke and Mirrors. Most are doing the same type of stuff but they want you to believe they have filled your tune with unicorn hooves and fairy dust that nobody else has access to.
    Good to see you finally made it here Kev.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin@JPCRacing View Post
    Lmfao!! Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by PST View Post
    Lmfao!! Well said!
    I agree, couldn't have said it better myself.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Advanced Tuner
    And some are doing some down right hack work to get through "issues" rather than investing the time to actually calibrate things properly. Of particular note is a recent viewing of one of the so called best tuners tune on a 3v Mustang with a whipple, and the things they did to make it seem to idle and shift right. I've seen beginners do it better after taking SCT's basic training course for new dealers, lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    There are some tuners that have edited the strategy ID in the tune to something different (a valid strategy, but not the actual strategy used). Since our software loads the definition based on the strategy ID, it loads the incorrect one, and that is why the values look screwed up.

Technically I can fix the files, but I have agreed to not do that because of the tuners that do it want to keep people from ripping their work off.
    Eric, as a guy who has both a paid for SCT tune and licensed HPTuners credits to use HPT on my GT500... how does an end user resolve using HPTuners to tweak a car after a professional tune if the values are going to be effectively scrambled?
    2011 Z07 Carbon Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Eric, as a guy who has both a paid for SCT tune and licensed HPTuners credits to use HPT on my GT500... how does an end user resolve using HPTuners to tweak a car after a professional tune if the values are going to be effectively scrambled?
    Have the car flashed to stock, then start from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    Have the car flashed to stock, then start from that.
    Eric I think he means trying to read the SCT tune with hp and then tweaking that tune and installing it with his Hptuner credits, but you can't read or modify the sct tune because the values don't read correctly

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    is the compare option working? havent updated the 2.25 recently.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you can read the file no problem. not every tuner is messing with the strategy. i recommend reading the tune from a stock tune just because it better to have a stock tune and then flash with SCT and pull the tuned file and compare and see if your normilizers and scaling is the same or if they messed with it

Quote Originally Posted by rkrebs27 View Post
    Eric I think he means trying to read the SCT tune with hp and then tweaking that tune and installing it with his Hptuner credits, but you can't read or modify the sct tune because the values don't read correctly
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

see the attached file in my earlier post and you will see what we are talking about

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by rkrebs27 View Post
    I'm sure he knew what he meant. What I think Eric is saying is you'll have to start from scratch. It's not really HPT responsibility to ensure that you can tweak other peoples stuff. It's more of a convenience when it's possible.

Another option may be to contact the place that you bought your SCT calibration from and ask if they can send you an unaltered version of the file you paid for to load into your SCT.
    Jaime

Quote Originally Posted by ElecTech View Post
    I'm sure he knew what he meant. What I think Eric is saying is you'll have to start from scratch. It's not really HPT responsibility to ensure that you can tweak other peoples stuff. It's more of a convenience when it's possible.

Another option may be to contact the place that you bought your SCT calibration from and ask if they can send you an unaltered version of the file you paid for to load into your SCT.
    Bingo. Our hardware/software does exactly what it is designed to do. If you have a tune modified in this way, then you will need to start from a stock file.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Eric, were you ever able to see if you could get access to the EPAS settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin72 View Post
    Eric, were you ever able to see if you could get access to the EPAS settings?
    It is handled in some other module. There are a couple of parameters for the power steering in the PCM, but they have been cal'd out in every calibration I have looked at so far.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

I would imagine it is because Copperhead if very complicated, and they have worked very hard to learn what it takes to tune it, and if everyone steals their stuff, it would take money out of their pocket. Either in teaching or tuning.

Quote Originally Posted by lxlaw View Post
    I would imagine it is because Copperhead if very complicated, and they have worked very hard to learn what it takes to tune it, and if everyone steals their stuff, it would take money out of their pocket. Either in teaching or tuning.
    To look at another way, being able to view everything may help keep shady tuners honest.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by lxlaw View Post
    You pay for a tune from a "tuner". You flash your ECU with that tune. You decide you would like to make adjustments to said tune using HP Tuners. Explain to me what part of that process is stealing.

If you pull that tune off your car and post it as your own then there is an issue and you will be called on it. Different situation and could be construed as "stealing".

I will say I can tell the difference in a terrible tune and a good tune and have come across several. When I tune someone's car I will have them flash it back to stock, pull that file and work off of it.

Moral of the story is if you want to pull the tune you have paid for you can however it is best to start with the stock base file and work off of it. Real tuners should have nothing to hide. It's the one's who cry the loudest to be most suspect of.
    Last edited by wbt; 08-08-2014 at 01:42 AM.