Thread: Just got tuned but VE coeffs are stock???

Potential Tuner

Just got tuned but VE coeffs are stock???

I have a v2 CTS-V with a 223/238 cam making a little north of 600 whp at about 14 psi. I was tuned on the dyno by a shop that does a lot of LS tuning. It seems to run fine, but I noticed that the VE coefficients are still stock. I was very surprised by this. Should I be? I had thought dialing those in was important?

Tuner in Training
    It is more than likely a MAF only tune. You will probably notice your Engine>Airflow>Dynamic>Dynamic Airflow High RPM Disable is set to something less than 500.

Quote Originally Posted by RichJ View Post
    Yes, that is the case. Is there any downside to a MAF-only tune? If I want to get the trims closer at part throttle, should I just tweak the MAF table?
    Yes. I generally tune VE also as it handles part load transitions in fueling much better than MAF only.
    09 G8 GT- 224/234 114 cam, 3200 stall, 3.45 gears, Vararam, 1 7/8" headers, 3" exhaust, HSW nitrous

Quote Originally Posted by blkscooby View Post
    Yes. I generally tune VE also as it handles part load transitions in fueling much better than MAF only.
    I have the same problem as RichJ. Part throttle has very erratic trims with turbo. Is Dynamic Airflow>High RPM Disable set above 6000 RPM the way to use VE exclusively? Or do I set VE Correction Factor>Initial to a higher number so the tune doesn't rely on MAF reading as much?
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    RevMax 2800 stall converter
    DevilsOwn meth