Thread: can't figure out injector data for the life of me

Tuner in Training

can't figure out injector data for the life of me

HELP PLZ 88lb deutchwerks injectors... aem 320 pump stock lines and rails.. 98 ls1 camaro.. dNever messed with injector data before.. Going boost. tried the excel spreadsheet dsteck posted up. After seeing the thread about 30 min ago. After punching in everything twice in the spreadsheet and put in hp tuners car still won't start.. but fires right up with the old injector data.. i don't get it.. i also do not at all understand what to do with the injector data i found on deutches website besides putting it in a chart type.. so you might be asking. what do i know?? well not much when it comes to injectors so i need help! lol Thanks in advanced guys
    Last edited by Brando; 07-17-2014 at 01:33 AM.
    98 Camaro, Fresh ls1, 317s, 9.7:1, 02+ zo6 cam, tc78/68, built 4l60e, 3.42, 3380# 1/4 times yet to come. Previous setup 11.2@121

Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    Turbo base zo6 cam tune new injec data.hpt
    Sorry if I mis stated. I want to learn how to do it. Not have someone else do it for me. but unfortunately i do need help this is one of the few things i haven't been able to figure out on my own.. i don't have a scan yet because car won't run
    Last edited by Brando; 07-17-2014 at 09:08 AM.
    98 Camaro, Fresh ls1, 317s, 9.7:1, 02+ zo6 cam, tc78/68, built 4l60e, 3.42, 3380# 1/4 times yet to come. Previous setup 11.2@121

Tuner
    If your old injector data works, then why change it?

Tuner in Training
    Cause the entire tune would be off without it.

Tuner
    Unless you get your injectors flow tested and get a datasheet for your actual injectors, chances are your entire tune will be slightly off anyway. Where did you get the old injector data from?

Tuner in Training
    My old injectors were 42lb fic.. And the injector data I had a tuner shop tune it. And wasn't happy with it. That's the whole reason I got into tuning. So I have no clue were he got that data. I called deutchwerks this morning and they had some tech difficulties and my injector data for the 88s were the only data they did not have on the website. He emailed me the correct data I plugged it in. Car fired but is still big rich. So I'm tempted to just tune around it now. An pull fuel. I starte with a 02 zo6 be cause that the cam I put in the car I knew I would be a hair rich with dif intake and heads. But I didn't think I was gonna be 9.6 at idle. So I'm thinking my injector data is still a hair off

If you don't have good data then you're going to have to tune with some reasonable data in there. That's all you can really do.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner
    With such large injectors, you might be hitting your minimum pulse width at idle. Try setting your minimum pulse width a bit lower and see if your idle leans out.