Thread: Help with surging please

Tuner in Training

Help with surging please

I've been spinning the wheels in my head trying to figure out how to get rid of the surging with little to no throttle just cruising. I took a good log to show you how bad it gets sometimes. A guru gave me the insight to increase throttle cracker airflow a bit hoping that might help the surging. I also tried lowering timing but that didn't fix anything so I put it back to the way it was. Then I thought it might be a rocky spark table so I made sure to fully smooth it out. still isn't running right. Any ideas??

Take a look at frame 624. Even the MPH is jagged.. You could imagine what it felt like driving, haha. Help a brother out..

I added some fuel to my VE table since the log asked for it - does my table look right for a 2 bar? It seems awfully high. 105kpa gets over 100%.

2barz06.hpt
    updatedraf.hpl
    03 z06 - p1sc blower

Tuner in Training
    Im trying to get help for the same thing on here! Only mine surges at idle. You should track your voltage on your logs since some issues can be voltage related. Good Luck!
    i wish i could be of more help.
    1999 Trans Am 12.96 1/4 Mile

Tuner in Training
    what do you mean by voltage? which sensor?
    03 z06 - p1sc blower

Tuner in Training
    I guess this is a tougher fish to fry then I had initially guessed. I feel as though this topic may hit home with a lot of people and the solution may be a mixed bag of issues...
    03 z06 - p1sc blower

It's WAY lean. I know you said you added fuel but you should post an updated log. You're maxing your wideband out. The NGK AFX only reads to 1.09 lambda (16 AFR) and in your log its not even fluctuating from 1.09, meaning you're a good bit leaner than that. Get the fueling down to lambda 1 and then see if the surging is fixed.
    - Scott
    '96 BMW M3 (LS6/T56)