Thread: Can't Reliably Get Into PE

Potential Tuner

Can't Reliably Get Into PE

I've seen many many topics on here about people having trouble getting into Power Enment (PE). I've tried many of the recommended changes after searching and reading up on here but all my tuning changes haven't seemed to help. This is in a 2004 Tahoe that I swapped out the 4L60e to a T56 M6 and I've wired in a Summitracing wideband sensor into the 5V trans fluid sensor that the manual doesn't need - I'm still working out the numbers for logging it, but I can get a good idea by watching the gauge and logging whether I'm rich/lean. I'm working on leaning out the overly rich factory WOT while in PE, but I don't believe that I'm properly entering PE quick enough based on my Commanded AFR values that I've tuned and logged. Attached is my latest tune and few logs. If I start off at a dead stop and run through gears 1 through 4 then I seem to enter PE some time at the end of 1st gear around 5100-5400RPM or once I start off in 2nd gear - I've tried to tune PE to be entered sooner but I can't seem to get it right and I don't know what I'm missing. Can someone help me figure out why I'm not entering PE sooner?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Probably because pe values cant be less than 1? Might want to read the how to section on how to calculate pe.

Yeah, when it looks to enter PE or not, it looks at your OLFA table, and which ever value is higher between that table and the PE table, it chooses that value. Right now you have a value of less than 1.0 in your PE tables. I think you put a lambda value in there by accident instead of equivalence ratios. Equivalence ratio is just the inverse of lambda if you don't know. So if you wanted an afr of 12.5:1 in WOT for gasoline, 12.5/14.63= 0.85 lambda. 1/0.85= 1.17.

Also, set your PE delay to 0.0.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Probably because pe values cant be less than 1? Might want to read the how to section on how to calculate pe.
    Thank you very much mecanicman, this pointed me to the right direction. I am targeting a 13.0 AFR during WOT PE. After reading your comment I was able to find the documentation on Power Enrich. I set my EQ Ratio to 1.130 (14.7/1.130=13.008 AFR), flashed, then went for a test drive. After warming up the Tahoe I pulled onto out of the driveway and stabbed the throttle...instantly the commanded AFR went to where it should go based on my PE EQ Ratio and both rear tires broke loose and lit up. For the remainder of the test drive the Tahoe entered PE instantly *and* I'm getting the right AFR.