Thread: no start

Tuner in Training

no start

I put a 6.0 in a 73 Camaro out of a 09 sierra. I t has a texas speed cam long tubes and ls 3 intake. I am very new to this and am probly asking the same question again, as every body else. The motor wont start. I have power to the injectors and the coils. I deleted vats the starter circuit and put the tcs patch in. I am running a t56. The harness is from bp automotive, and the PCM was from the donor truck so I don't think that is it. All the circuits I have tracked are good which include the wire to the pcm for the injectors and the coils. The scanner I had on it gave me tach cam and crank signals. Threw a bunch of DTC's, some that said the PCM could be bad but nothing concrete. Am I just missing something? I Any help would be great. Jeff

Have you verified that you are getting fuel and spark?

Tuner in Training
    Not getting either one. I have fuel to the rails. checked the inj plug with a pick light and nothing. power to it. The pcm wont fire it.

Real simple check, have you checked the coil pack and fuel harness ground? It is usually on the back of the drivers side head. Or in a swap vehicle it could be anywhere behind the motor.

Tuner in Training
    Yes. The grounds are attached at the back of the head. But doesn't the pcm ground the inj to open it?

That's correct. If it were me in your shoes, and I had made sure all of my simple stuff was good (fuses, grounds, etc) then I would whip out my trusty wiring diagram and a multimeter, and begin to waste a few hours of my life. lol No other way around it really. You can find the LS wiring diagrams all over the internet.

Edit: Also, I would definitely check all of my PCM grounds, if I recall correctly there are 4 of them.

Tuner in Training
    Yuk. That is not what I wanted to hear, but was in the back of my head. Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    One more thing I don't understand is that the DTC's between the Editor and scanner are not the same. I would think that they would be.?