Thread: IFR half double stoich method for Injector scaling.

IFR half double stoich method for Injector scaling.

Hi, I'm new to Hptuners and GM vehicles but not new to tuning in general. For my first venture into GM tuning I need to scale some injectors into my buddies 06 Z06.

From what I understand reading through the forums is the e38 has a limit at 63 for IFR, so to combat this the easy way is to half the injector you are using and put that in the IFR table and then double your stoich.

Well lets say I am using 50lb injectors, which is not over the hard coded limit, can't I just multiply the stock IFR values by the correction factor, 50(new)/42(stock)= 1.2?

Advanced Tuner
    you need to have all your injector maps adjusted according your actual injector data.
    If you modify only the IFR it will not work correctly...

Ok, so basically the scaling is just to get over the fact that you can only input injector flow rate lower than 63, I will still need to scale the injectors tables using the flow data from the injector sheet correct?

From what I can tell the only thing needing to be changed would be the IFR vs PRESS, Flow Rate vs FLOW, and Offset vs Press vs IgN. Will I need to mess with anything else?

While the injector data will get you in the ball park, extensive MAF & VE tuning will most likely be needed. It depends on how good the data is vs. the data accuracy you have now.

Any time I have upgraded injectors the tune needed some work.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Can someone please look at my file and tell me if this looks to be in the correct ballpark? I took the flow rates and offset straight from the Deatschwerks website for these injectors. The only thing I didn't have was the Pulse width adder which I left stock.

Will this get me in the ballpark before doing maf/ve tuning?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Ask the manufacturer about the pulse width so to be sure later when tuning otherwise you will chase your tail