Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: He y'all. Trying to get my truck tuned out but cant seem to get it to stop misfiring

Senior Tuner
    Looks like you got it, keep tweaking your boosted region.

Tuner
    wouldn't have gotten there without you. For adjust AFR should I mess with the PE or BE? or just tweek VE?

Senior Tuner
    just keep tweaking ve to get it to match commanded. once it matches then then fine tune pe/be when you start putting timing in

Tuner
    Sounds good. Looking at STFT, should I adjust individual cells to match the 'Histogram' tweeks or just try to smooth out the areas?

Senior Tuner
    You can multiply by percentage minus half a little if you want, but dont get carried away, its pretty close everywhere if not bang on in nonboosted area.

Tuner
    Did some tweeking, smoothing, and adjusting heres the tune and the log for the run
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Tweeks and smoother run. More still to come.

Tuner
    a little tweek, a little run
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-29-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Tuner
    after some tweeking and setting adjustments heres where I'm at, and its feeling pretty good.

Tuner
    So I finally figured out what you meant with copying and pasting special with multiplying percent minus a half, after a guy at work thats been tuning with HP Tuner for a while showed me first hand. Appreciate all the help maybe I'll be a better tuner someday.

Tuner
    Here it is with a better run. Will be working on the WOT VE table.

From viewing your last log, you need to address the KR issue ASAP. Every log, you have posted has a substantial amount of KR.

I do not recommend continuing to make fuel adjustments and ignoring the KR that is occuring. Unless you verified it to be false knock throught testing, but your KR is occuring in the same spots, every log. I think its real.

The other piece to tuning is your spark affects your fuel tuning. When you see the KR, then you need to adjust timing accordingly, then tune the fuel. I gave you a good base spark table to use and you could add in 2* increments, but it looks like you chose to use something else and you still have KR. Make sure your High octane and low octane tables are the same.

You start low with timing then work your way up, don't worry about it feeling like its producing the most power possible, thats not the point. The point is to start conservative so you don't blow your rings, pistons, etc...
    Last edited by POWERZONE; 08-03-2014 at 02:53 PM.
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner
    should I make the adjustments to the time, based off what the logs reflect for knock retard? I will verify that both tables are the same.

Senior Tuner
    Do not set high/low timing tables the same. Its fine in a controlled environment, but with the temps your seeing in your commutes I feel its a bad plan. Keep at least a 5-6 degree lower value in low table. Make timing lower wot until your actual matches your commanded closely. Add burst knock to the table so you can tell the differance.

Try doing your logs in the morning and evening, your iat's are your biggest battle right now.

Tuner
    I'll do a log this morning and post it so y'all can see what I see.

Tuner
    here is the log and tune

Tuner
    So my truck is currently getting an exhaust upgrade to have high flow Random Technology Cats and Varex Muffler and an H-Pipe install. I was looking around the forums to see what others have for their Maggie 5.3 V8 setups and I'm curious if my VE and Spark Tables they where they are on this thread http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...e-supercharger anyone take a look at it and see if they should be more similar then they are. Thanks.

Tuner
    after the exhaust install I had a few more runs to go for the VE table adjusting to less restriction. Here are the log from today and the tune to go with it. 9v4 is after making the timing adjustments you suggest and disabling the shift lock.
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 08-13-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Tuner
    Tonight's run after work. It was raining all day so the air is moist and cool (about 65F).

Tuner
    I couple of logs tonight on the way home, a few WOTs during.