Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: He y'all. Trying to get my truck tuned out but cant seem to get it to stop misfiring

Senior Tuner
    Must be pretty hot there today. I put a pretty strict IAT retard table back into your tune from the beggining. That combined with ECT retard table were pulling all of the very small amount of heavy load timing I had left you. Fueling is looking good. I have increased timing under load and reduced IAT retard somewhat. Run another log and post it. Try for the 4500 again, if you dont see any problem shoot for 5200. Make sure the IAT has fallen, not heat soaked. As there is more timing, keep close watch on kr.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 07-25-2014 at 09:16 PM.

Tuner
    I could only do a quick run tonight, so if I need to I can do another one tomorrow on my way into work 20-30 mins. It ran better than it was before, 4k is where is slows a bit on acceleration but that all I can say as far as it goes, thanks for all the assistance I really do appreciate it. If you were in the area I'd take you out for a beer. I did see that was a 4 instead of a -4 on the IAT Spark Advance Correction - Add, I changed it to a -4 to make it in line with the rest.

Apparently my wideband was not running. I'll post a new log tomorrow after I get off work, and log one going into work. Have a good night, and thank you!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-25-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Tuner
    Here is the run into work scan. Having the much cooler air help considerably. I didn't get it up to 5200 but close to it. under boost it was bogged out but I'm guessing thats at a result of have too much air and not enough fuel. I did forget to turn the air pump off. Based off the other runs i'd say that .3-.5 off the AFR is realistic for what the AFR really was based off the other runs. Thanks for everything you've provided, I've learn a considerable amount based off the runs and the parameters that you changed and seeing how that affected performance. If you're ever in the area feel free to shoot me a PM and we can see about getting together for a beer or something. Thanks greatly!

Senior Tuner
    Made a couple more adjustments based on log. I have disabled your cot and airpump, after your log you will want to renable them. If temperature allows, make another log. This time when you do the 4500 attempt, go wot. Do it from a starting speed low enough to get some good data but that you wont spin the tires. If that goes ok, take it to 5200 same way.

As always, watch for kr. IAT temp needs to be down for this.

Tuner
    So I ran it as soon as I got out of work and ambient temp is around 85-90 depending on where I'm at. I'll run it again on my way into work like I did this morning, but I figured I'd let you see the log when its hot.

Senior Tuner
    Your non-boosted aread is done, dont need any more driving logs. Start the log just before you go wot and shut it off as you let off. Make sure all the conditions are favorable. This is the last one I am doing, you take over with next log. I wouldnt mind seeing logs to see how your progressing, but you do the modifications.

Tuner
    Sounds good. Thank you very much for everything. I'll post the log, may do a couple of them just to get a couple baselines to use. Once I make a few adjustments and run it, I'll post the tune to see if I've learned anything. If you're ever in the area give me a holler, I'll take you out for all the assistance. Thanks greatly!

Tuner
    Here is a few logs of going WOT. The fourth one was just a daily commute one, just for viewing purposes only. With the last log, I'm sure its just when I'm under boost, but at about 35% throttle, the truck 'bogs out' but at partial throttle the truck grabs and goes. Thanks again for all the help. Everything is a million times better than what Magnuson send with the Superchips tune for truck performance.
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-27-2014 at 04:49 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Not sure why its so rich now, whats changed? You do have a missfire on drivers side now, it could be related to being over rich.Attachment 45741

Tuner
    As far as I know nothing changed, the wideband is on the passenger side, thats a bit wierd. I didnt feel the misfire. I'll have to see if I can repeat it, and figure out if its a consistent issue or just a one time thing.

Senior Tuner
    When you run logs, you usually only run 1, make a change, run another, make a change. You cant apply the changes from all those logs at once. I suggest bringing your wot ve into line and watching the b1s1 to see if it improves as it leanes out.

Also, not sure your bosch 4s are the best choice. I would put a set br7ef's in it, read a plug, replace with a platinum ngk if the heat range is right.

Tuner
    As far as figuring out heat ranges, how can I figure out what heat range the stock plugs are? I've read, not to say its correct, but with a boosted vehicle I should be running cooler plugs that I originally have, correct?

Senior Tuner
    Google, lots of write ups on ls1 tech. I am pretty sure br7ef will be right or close, not my first maggie.

Tuner
    Those are close but not the correct model. For mine the closest version of that plug the only ones that I seem able to find are made with Iridium or platinum. Is there a disadvantage to running these vice nickel?

Senior Tuner
    Br7ef is correct for you, just not platinum. You could buy 1, check, then buy the platinums. They br7ix or something. Ones I listed are cheap, so testing does not cost much.

Tuner
    Sounds good. I'm just checking to verify that the plugs are the correct temp, I'd imagine. Unrelated note, my VCM scanner decided it didn't need to be in the same configuration as I had it for the logs and now I cant rebuild it because some of the PID are gone and can be retrieved, any idea?

I figured out what I had to do to correct the VCM Scanner, after deleting the .os file, I reconnected the HP Tuner Pro unit with the truck key in RUN, and it automatically repopulated the PIDs available.
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-27-2014 at 07:00 PM.

Senior Tuner
    NGK TR7IX (stock number 3690), heat range 7 iridium plug. I wouldnt buy them yet as they are pricey.

Tuner
    Price is fine, If they are the best ones to use for the setup. I've tried a few different ones but I dont think I ever got to exact heat range I needed. The platinum +4 are heat range 9 which is too hot from what I've read, so I will definitely be getting cooler plugs for the truck. I'll work on the programming tonight to get the VE adjusted and lean out under boost. I'll post when I'm done and do a test run tomorrow into work so you can see my progress and give any suggestions if you deem it necessary. Thanks!
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-27-2014 at 08:08 PM.

Tuner
    So no test run on my tweeks yet, that'll be tomorrow morning but what I have right now is attached.

Tuner
    Here is my log with the edit I did.