Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: He y'all. Trying to get my truck tuned out but cant seem to get it to stop misfiring

Tuner
    I do but as far as getting it corrected I don't know what value I need to input to correct it. I have an Innovate LM2 and looking at the manual that comes with it and its just as simple as inputting a value to adjust the voltage output but that where I'm lost with calculating that. I hit the record button on the LM-2 with the test run at 1533 and the values appear to be lining up but not too sure if it actually does. If you have the Innovate LogWorks3 program, you can see what I see. I can't get it to attach in program format though, I did attach it as a .txt file. The log got started a couple of seconds after I started recording.

I do want to thank you again for spending the time of day with me and helping me with tuning my truck,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    change the value as I suggest in last post and run again. Post it, I will tell you what to program where when I see the results.

Tuner
    The ready1 was the previous tune you provided me and the ready2 is the newest. I did note that there was a small amount of popping coming from the exhaust under moderate acceleration but no real effect of the performance.

Senior Tuner
    Ok, I lost you some where. Program lm2 to 7.35 = 2.5 and 22.35=2.5. Make the wideband formula v/1+ -0.12. Log it with vehicle running and post it. Just like before, but instead of +0 its + -0.12

Tuner
    I do have it all set, I loaded the wrong config file and now I gotta run it again, but I'll reload the ready1 file and do the run. sorry.

Tuner
    Here it is.

Senior Tuner
    Ok, reprogram your lm2 back to how it was(7.35=0 and 22.39=5). Switch back to the other config, but for the wideband formula make it v/.332 + 7.25. We used analog 1 out on wideband and eio input 1 on hpt,make sure it stays that way. For another drive(normal, no wot) and post the log. I would expect once it goes closed loop your wideband should be around 14.7 now instead of the 15.x it has been showing.

Tuner
    Here is the log with ready2 with no WOT.

Senior Tuner
    Delete stft avg, leave sae. Ad o2 sensor voltage b1s1 and b2s1. Load the tune I have attached. Turn key forward, go to special functions and clear fuel trims, then start log. Let truck idle for about 3 mins and save. Then go for a drive at highway speed. Watch your iat, when it gets down to 110 start the log. Try and poplutate as much ve as you can. You can get into some boost but dont get carried away this time, watch for kr.

For all logs, try and have smooth throttle transitions while accelrating or holding speed. No stabbing the throttle or jerky pedal input. When you have to slow down or coast, take your foot right off the pedal.

Tuner
    I'll have to do it later tonight or tomorrow morning
    I'll post it when I get it done. Thanks for everything today

Tuner
    here is the logs you requested. I ran the idle for longer than 3 mins because the truck wasn't up to operating temperature before the 3 mins was up. Driving from Albany to Saratoga Springs was on the interstate and then onto highway 55 mphish.

Senior Tuner
    I dont trust your wideband. The data its putting out does not make sense. How old is the sensor? The wideband programming and hpt data has all been entered as we discussed? Widband shows max lean when idling on startup until narrow bands kick in, it would not run that lean. It also shows 9:1 when you go into boost wanting to take 20% fueling out which also does not make sense.

I used the data you did provide to massage you ve a little more.

Tuner
    I do have it set up the way we discussed. I will load the new tune and do a log file on it. The sensor is no more than a month old. I'll do another fresh air calibration on it and see if that helps at all. I will record the run again on the LM-2 Controller when i start the log on the computer and see if it is responding the same or different.
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-25-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Tuner
    Here is the VCM log file and the txt file from the LM-2. I recalibrated with sensor out and got 20.9. I disabled the air pump by adjusting the disable temp to 285F. should the high and low octane spark tables be the same or no? I'm going to do the same runs as I did last night, 3 minutes at idle with the fuel trims reset and then a highway run.

Tuner
    here are the results from the highway and idle runs.

Senior Tuner
    Good call on the air pump, so few equiped around here I often forget. No, we dont want both timing tables the same. You are very prone to knock right now and we want the pcm to be able to adjust, your just dialing in fueling not timing. Everything seems to falling in line nicely, dont need to run idle logs anymore as it looks very solid. Go for another highway drive. Be a little more aggressive, try and get up into 4500 rpm range, but watch the kr and back off if it climbs. Also watch the iat values, if they are high drive till they fall off and level out before starting log. Same pedal strategy as previously mentioned.

Tuner
    Heres the log from the run. It was acting a bit sluggish and could get it much higher than about 4.5k. I was having a bit of trouble getting the truck to want to go faster. It might just be that ambient temp is to hot to get a strong run in. The morning would probably be best to run. I was getting a bit of 'popping' in the exhaust after the run while at idle. I did do a CASE relearn and a cylinder balance, dont know if that was the best idea but it did seem to help.

Senior Tuner
    It was sluggish due to fuel not being correct and low timing. Fueling should be closer this time around. Try taking it to 4500 again and watch for kr or issues. If that goes ok take it to 5200. We will do one more adjustment and then Im cutting you loose. It looks to be progressing well, you can take over.

What are you running for fuel? What spark plugs are in this thing?

Tuner
    using 93 octane (its really 91 with 10 percent ethanol, but gotta love gas companies), and using platinum +4 bosch. I'll load it up and take it for a run. post back in 30-40 mins.

Tuner
    here is the log. It was a bit sluggish when pressing on the accelerator, unless I was very very gentle with it. It felt as if I was hitting a 'power band' on a 2 stroke dirtbike when it final took off. I couldn't get about 3.5k without really easing into the accelerator.