Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: He y'all. Trying to get my truck tuned out but cant seem to get it to stop misfiring

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz View Post
    The injector flow rate table should increase as it moves to the right across the table, because obviously your injectors flow more fuel with a vacuum in the engine as compared to an atmospheric pressure (ambient air). Here is an example of my 80# siemens injectors at 58psi rail pressure:
    You should verify where his FP regulator is before you tell him to set up his IFR table like that. 01 Silverados still had the regulator on the rail and was vacuum referenced with a return to the tank. It is unclear if he retained that with the Magnuson,

Quote Originally Posted by kawilliams06 View Post
    Thank you very much for the assist. When I do get it dyno'd and tunes out correctly I will post the results. I'll flash the VCM tonight before I head into work and do a data log on it, to see how things are running. As for adjusting the AFR, should I do anything with the injector pulse or just leave it as is?
    You are gonna tune it in SD correct?
    POWERZONE- AUTOMOTIVE PERFORMANCE AND TUNING SOLUTIONS
    STREET TUNING/DYNO TUNING/TRACK TUNING/REMOTE TUNING/EMAIL TUNING
    [email protected]

Tuner
    POWERZONE: I do have it set up for 2 BAR SD. I do have a fuel regulator essentially where the stock one is located on the fuel rail on the Magnuson because its a fuel return system.

POWERZONE: I do have it set up for 2 BAR SD. I do have a fuel regulator essentially where the stock one is located on the fuel rail on the Magnuson because its a fuel return system.
    Ok, just remember, if in SD, you will make your fuel corrections(part throttle and PE) via the VE table.

Make sure to fail your MAF.
    [email protected]

Tuner
    I do currently have the MAF 'failing high' with frequency set to zero; I also have the airflow to frequency zeroed out. So is the fuel injector table that 2xLS1 provided acceptable for my vehicle application or should it be different? I have 44 lb injectors that output 43.85 lbs at 58 fuel pressure. p/n 17113739.

Tuner
    I tweeked a few things and was wondering if they could be looked at before I load it and run it. Thanks.

I started back at one. with the ver1 with nothing more than the 2 bar enhancement added and the VE table 110 line copied to 210 and multipled by 1.25.
    Ver4 is after a few looks and tweeks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-24-2014 at 06:22 AM.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    I made some changes to your tune, use the compare file to check them out. This will force speed density mode. No dfco and just stft. Your egr still installed? Cats still on?
    Attached is the log when I ran the tune you provided. There is a little bit of knock, so I'll be adjusting the Spark tables to align with the suppression of knock. I'll also be adjusting PE EQ ratio to add a bit more to get my AFR closer to 14.4ish. Any other suggestions?

Senior Tuner
    Why would you adjust PE to get to 14.4? Your config has a lot of nonpertinent info. Get rid of maf, and everything under IAT except tps in left column. Get rid of everything between cylinder airmass and afr high res in right. Put both o2 and both stft back in.

Tuner
    I did another run with the log set up the way you suggested. What should be adjusted to richen the mixture? I did adjust the main spark table as as much as the know showed it was retarded.
    Last edited by kawilliams06; 07-24-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Make the changes I suggested and run another log. I want to see something.

Tuner
    will do. I'll post it sometime around 3 PM EST.

Attached is the log when I ran the tune you provided. There is a little bit of knock, so I'll be adjusting the Spark tables to align with the suppression of knock. I'll also be adjusting PE EQ ratio to add a bit more to get my AFR closer to 14.4ish. Any other suggestions?
    The AFR I am talking about is in your part throttle areas not your PE/BE. Leave both Boot EQ and PE EQ tables alone, you do not want a 14.4 PE or BE for FI or even NA. Your PE/BE is not the problem. Your are lean and need to make adjustments to your VE table not PE/ or BE. You make these adjustments for part throttle from the data from either LTFT's or STFT's. Whatever you choose. I use the LTFT's for part throttle.

Also thats why I suggested you use that very conservative spark table so you can ease into where you need to be vs. chasing your tail guessing what the truck might like. Your truck will load up differently than a car especially if its lighter.

Part of your problem is your are still lean and the other problem is the spark table.

Try the changes that mecanicman suggested and concentrate on getting your part-throttle correct.
    [email protected]

Tuner
    Here's the log with the suggested parameters set. Also when i start to leave vacuum and come under boost the truck 'sputters' and loses acceleration until it hits about a pound and then its fine after that.

Senior Tuner
    Your wideband is either wrong, or not calibrated correctly to hpt.

Senior Tuner
    Delete stft avg, leave sae. Ad o2 sensor voltage b1s1 and b2s1. Post your tune as you ran it in the last log. Then, do a fresh air calibration on your wideband. Program it to 2.5 v for both your high and low number. Make your formula v/1+0 in hpt, look at it in the wideband histogram so it averages, what does it show? Vehicle must be running when you check this.
    Last edited by mecanicman; 07-24-2014 at 02:27 PM.

Senior Tuner
    I do currently have the MAF 'failing high' with frequency set to zero; I also have the airflow to frequency zeroed out. So is the fuel injector table that 2xLS1 provided acceptable for my vehicle application or should it be different? I have 44 lb injectors that output 43.85 lbs at 58 fuel pressure. p/n 17113739.
    I didn't provide that IFR table. That is a quote from another member. With a return system you should have the same number is every cell of the IFR table. I was pointing out that telling you to set up your table as suggested would be wrong for a return system.

Tuner
    My apologies 2xLS1, I mis-quoted you.

Tuner
    mecanicman attached is the printscreen for the setting i have now set on the VCM scanner and the LM-2 is programmed. I'll be posting shortly a run with the new setting. I did re-preform a fresh air calibration on the wideband as you requested.

The resulting log is posted.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner
    I have modified your file with stft that your narrowbands and pcm you say need. Do you know what I am getting at with instructions for the wideband? Correcting the offset?

Senior Tuner
    ok, change the formula to v/1 + -0.12 and run again.