Thread: HP tuner scanner/histograms JUNK??

HP tuner scanner/histograms JUNK??

open the scanner, open the histogram. go to the open file and open the idle airflow histogram that is saved (defult) in the folder. Opens up nice but when i push the space bar to start the scan it gives me the unsupported error (the one were the histogram goes white with some sort of notes/typing).

I have had more issues with this software. I am really starting to thing HP tuners is pure garbage (form a hardware and software standpoint).

so why is this happening and how do i correct it. I am running the up to date versions of the scanner and tuner. VERY FRUSTRATING and MONEY WASTING this is.

Help would be appreciated.

The first thing to check is that everything being referenced in the histogram is listed and reading in the main table. That is what I always discover if I have this issue. Others might be able to help, but would be just guessing if you don't at least post the log file and config file that you are having trouble with. Calling HP tuners garbage also isn't likely to get you help from many.
    2015 Corvette Convertible
    1992 GMC with 5.3 LM7
    Factory Five Roadster LS1 Tremec TKO

Thanks jcrumpley,

I have had so many issues with my cable in the last 2 months its not even funny. Frustration is the reason for me calling hp junk. It may not be but there are certainly huge bugs in my cable. When time is money, errors in software/hardware = great frustration.

WHAT IS HPTUNERS 1800 NUMBERS??? i get tired of emailing support and would like a human to speak to over the phone. Only company's i know of that dont have a phone number you can call for support are "sketchy" companies.

Im not totally hating on HP tuners. I have tuned over 40 cars with my cable but the last 10 cars or so have been a software disaster. ex. buying/owning vehicle licensing just to have it tell me i don't have a license after the 6th flash or so, there are other examples but they are all along the same lines as the one i listed.
    Last edited by 3rdcoastpowersports; 11-20-2014 at 05:46 PM.

I understand your frustration, but if they had a 1800#, they would end up having to constantly have the battle with people of tuning. People can't figure it out, and want "them" to tune it, by telling them what to punch in. I do understand though.

Potential Tuner
    I've had days where I'm do frustrated I can feel my blood pressure spike, and I've had days where its been extremely fulfilling nailing down a tune for a buddies car.

That being said, I recently bought a Holley EFI system for my current turbo 5.3 project. After dealing with Hpt and the factory pcm...the Holley is caveman simple. I love it...but it does come at a cost.

WTF. I got the same thing today. I downloaded 224.929 last night and went to tune today and half my histos showed Volts instead of HZ, C/GYL was all zeros, most of my histos crapped out. In my Gen5 histos, it didn't pull the correct info from the vehicle to match up the Hz in the MAF to the scanner.

I sent a email to support. Some things wrong with the new release. The ship part, I downloaded the 224.929/930 to my many laptop and my spare.

Load all data doesn't work either