Thread: Post up pictures of your Chassis Dyno Room with specs..

Post up pictures of your Chassis Dyno Room with specs..

What chassis dyno are you using in your shop?
    Pros and cons of your dyno?
    In-ground or above ground w/ a 4 post lift? Why?
    What equipment and accessories do you use?
    Room ventilation... Fans, exhaust escapes, ect..
    What kind of monitor are you using to view dyno sheets/info? Wall mount TV, computer monitor, ect..

Basically I'd like to see everyones set up. How is your room set up around your dyno and what do you like/dislike about it. I've seen some cool ideas and pictures floating around but not many on this site. Lets see some of your pictures..
    2003 Chevy Silverado Daily Driver, 408 Iron Block,
    LS3 Heads/Intake, 231/239 114, 4L80e, Yank SST 3200.

I just spotted this post. Surprised no one else has commented. On to the questions.

DynoJet 224xlc , which means 2ft dia roller with eddy current load holding
    In ground with roller towards 12x12 roll up door
    Running the new Dynojet RT hardware/software (had dyno 7 years so very familiar with Winpep 7)
    Ran Dyno wireless with previous software, working back to that with new RT
    Currently using 32" monitor, equipment sits on table near dyno
    Fans are a shop made setup using dual 36" blades on a single 5hp motor. Makes for a convenient shelf while tuning.
    You can make out in the pics that the entire area a car would sit on is covered in diamond plate. This actually came about because I made the pit large enough to go to an AWD setup if necessary. I find in my market that is not going to be worthwhile. The benefit of all this steel on the floor is it makes for very easy cleanup. I have seen some pretty big messes from nitrous guys lifting heads and blowing coolant sky high, diesel guys breaking transmissions, automatics puking their guts up, to just the general leakers.
    Venting the room is never a problem with the dyno location. With the diesel guys I have several pipe setups that I use to put the soot outside. Front wheel drive cars are not that common for me and if I do get one I just make sure the back shop door is open.

I did the same thing as you when setting up my dyno area. I had used many dynos before mine and had a pretty good idea on what not to do.

Any questions?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    The dyno I'm mostly using has beneath access. (Not sure if "beneath" is a correct english term, though.)

Which is nice, although not needed often. But sometimes it's nice to measure backpressure before cats if it seems that something is not as it should. And with beneath access it's fairly easy to do via front O2's.

Advanced Tuner
    Let me see what I can dig up.

Here is the old shop I worked at. Its a DynoJet 424LC2 AWD setup. We ran 2 15,000cfm fans with air inlets cut into the wall to draw in fresh air. Highest numbers I saw on it were ~1100awhp from a turbo 4 cylinder.

IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0128.JPG

I will have to find some of the new place I'm at. Now I'm working on an in-ground DynoJet 242LC. It's nice being in the ground, but I miss the AWD dyno a lot.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This is one of the only shots I have in the new building. Still somewhat under construction as well.

image.jpg
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    James, do you ever have any traction issues with the higher HP/TQ cars? I recently rented some time on a mustang dyno with similar sized rollers, and a 800ish rwhp car wouldn't hook up. I've used DD dynos before, but that was years ago and with lower power cars.

I do on the really high hp stuff but this dyno has been pretty killer since I have been using it. We hooked a 440 solid roller on a 400 shot recently that made 1104rwhp on a 255/50/16 street tire (my dyno wheels dedicated for dyno use only).
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Advanced Tuner
    You can strap the rear of the vehicle down in a certain way that can help keep the tires from spinning.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Advanced Tuner
    my setup

Potential Tuner
    Dyno joe gibbs.jpg
    Tahoe dyno.jpg
    zr1 Dyno.jpg
    First time trying out the dyno with the shop car. We didnt have banners up yet
    Samsung small screen 32inch with a little turn base to see from inside car
    Sharp 70 inch screen for friends/customers to see after every run is complete and well the mechanic sees tv while dyno is not on use haha.
    + well the dyno sheet.. Dyno model 224x with 4 post lift..

Quote Originally Posted by jegutierrez3 View Post
    Dyno joe gibbs.jpg
    Tahoe dyno.jpg
    zr1 Dyno.jpg
    First time trying out the dyno with the shop car. We didnt have banners up yet
    Samsung small screen 32inch with a little turn base to see from inside car
    Sharp 70 inch screen for friends/customers to see after every run is complete and well the mechanic sees tv while dyno is not on use haha.
    + well the dyno sheet.. Dyno model 224x with 4 post lift..
    Is that the Rotary lift that DynoJet sells with their dyno's? I've been looking for a good quality 4-post to put in front of my Dyno Dynamics so I can get rid of the ramps and make it easier on my back installing widebands in the exhaust (don't trust tailpipe sniffers).
    ShorTuning

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    Is that the Rotary lift that DynoJet sells with their dyno's? I've been looking for a good quality 4-post to put in front of my Dyno Dynamics so I can get rid of the ramps and make it easier on my back installing widebands in the exhaust (don't trust tailpipe sniffers).
    How far from the wall to the center of the roller do you have yours setup? I'm about to buy one and put it in ground in the rear of my shop but I don't wanna put it too close to the wall.
    99 T/A WS6, original LS1 turbo