Thread: Need a little help with tune on new build

Tuner in Training

Need a little help with tune on new build

Trying to get familiar with the tuning for now, just wanting a good idea where to start. I have a 99 Camaro z28 with a stock bottom end ls1. It has prc 227 heads, edelbrock supervictor intake, 102mm tb, ls7 maf in a 100mm housing, custom grind cam 242/248 .628/.631 , siemens 60# flow matched injectors. That's the just of it. I am wanting to tune by maf. Would just like a little input of a good spot to start and if anyone has a similar setup going. Thanks

Read the stickies. First thing you want to do is set up the tune for the cam (basically get the thing to idle well). Once you have that you can start logging while driving around an minimize the risk of stall or idle issues. You will want to tune the VE table prior to the MAF, it will be much different from the stock tables. Just remember that it will go off the secondary tables in the factory OS and you will have to copy back to the primary.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, I appreciate it. I had it idling pretty well and did a few logs but my ve tables are in left feild. That will come around but one issue I was having is at around 6000 it's banging out like it hits the Rev limiters but I have all the limiters at 7200, have any idea why it's doing that?

If you haven't changed the VE tables at all, then no wonder they are off in left field. Like WS6firebirdTA00 said, with a heads and cam change, your VE is now absolutely different. If you haven't changed your VE at all, then I can guarantee you that you are running extremely lean in the 5000rpm - 7000rpm region. Do you have a wideband on the car?

Tuner in Training
    I have a wide band in it but it was staying around 12.8 to 13 all the way to 6000