Thread: Turning off rear 02 and Active fuel management

Potential Tuner

Turning off rear 02 and Active fuel management

Hello everyone. I am new here and would like to obtain some basic information regarding my 2007 impala. I have just purchased hp tuners pro to use on a few of my GM vehicles. My first task at hand will be to turn off the rear 02 sensor and active fuel management for the impala. I searched and looking through the beginner sticky but didn't see any step by step write up regarding these two subjects. Does anyone have a write up on turning off the rear 02 and active fuel management (4 cylinder mode) for an ls4 impala ss. Thanks in advance, if I missed this somewhere in the stickies please just let me know
    Last edited by mike123088; 07-14-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Just go to the DTC page under engine diag and find any related codes to the bank 1 sensor 2 o2 sensor and unclick the check box and from the drop down menu click no error reported.

As for the DOD, I think it's under the fuel or spark and there will be a whole bunch of tables for the DOD system. The one on top is a master enable or disable, set to disable and thats it. Save the tune and do a write calibration to the car.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    That sounds simple enough. Im going to install it tonight on my laptop and give it a try this weekend. Any good videos out there on hp tuners basics online that anyone has found? The tuning school DVD's are a bit pricey for me right now. Thanks in advance.

This forum has many good things to read and watch to understand the scanner and editor.

Greg Banish has his engine management adavnced tuning book online that you can buy, it helps you understand what is going on. It's no how to on tuning but knowing what the engine does first is key. Most tuning is self taught with helpers on the internet. Play with the scanner etc etc, then once you grasp more of it you can start doing more changes.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.