Thread: No power under 4k. Normal stall coverter condition?

Advanced Tuner

No power under 4k. Normal stall coverter condition?

04 Silverado LQ4/243 2284 112lsa Yank st3000 and boltons.

Maybe I'm fighting a losing battle with my complaint. My truck doesn't feel to have any power down low. Just feels like it bogs down under 35-4krpm then picks up hard above that. Unless I'm WOT just feels like its lacking power. Or just could be the symptoms of a loose converter. Even wot shifts seem loose. Locking the tcc with VCM scanner seems to restore a lot of torque but cant just drive around like that. Or could it be the fact my timing needs that much more tuning for power.

If it is case of a loose converter is there a way to stiffen it with line pressure? Truck was previously tuned by a tuner before the 243 heads, cam, and Yank ss3000. From what I see all tq management has been disabled and shift adapt disabled. I have not made any changes for stall converter swap. Looking for any information or if I'm just fighting a normal condition.
    Last edited by Nastruck; 07-13-2014 at 09:07 PM.

A quick glance doesnt show anything that caught my eye. PE enable is still higher at 90% but thats not a problem really. TM is gone from the looks of it.

Your trucks gears and stock stall are holding it back alot. 3.42 arent the best gears. 3.73's or even some 3.90 would do alot, same with a stall.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Truck has a Yank Racing Stealth Thruster 3000 stall

Senior Tuner
    You have your maf sensor set to fail at zero hz, you also have it set to go into maf mode a zero rpm, conflicting settings. post a log if you want help.

Advanced Tuner
    I changed the maf sensor fail to zero so I could tune idle and part throttle areas in sd as I read through the Idle tuning walk through. The going into maf at zero rpm must been changed from the original tuner. Just started with what he previously did before the cam and stall. Now that my VE tables are close to zero's I guess I should go back to maf enable?

Where do you see the going into maf mode at 0rpm
    Last edited by Nastruck; 07-13-2014 at 09:01 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Maybe I just need shorter gears and smaller tires or possibly have too small of stall for the cam. Even at the WOT 2-3 pull you can see it shifts into 3rd and sits at 4200 rpms for about 5seconds before starts pulling again. Most 228r cam results I see make good tq at 3500+.

Senior Tuner
    Airflow-dynamic-high rpm disable, set to 4000 stock.