Thread: Cant lean car out after aeromotive boost ref reg install

Tuner in Training

Cant lean car out after aeromotive boost ref reg install

Earlier this year I upped the boost on my car from 9psi to 11psi. The car then struggled to get to my commanded boost enrich afr of 11.5. So I installed an aeromotive boost ref fuel press reg. And now I cant get the car leaned back out. WOT AFR is stuck between 10.1-10.5

I tried setting the base fuel pressure at 58psi, 56psi, 53psi, 50psi still everytime wot afr is in the low 10s
    I even tried changing my boost enrich afr to 12.0 and it still runs like 10.2afr?

Am I missing something? Is there something else I need to change in the tune now with the new regulator? Looking for any ideas

Senior Tuner
    My magic crystal ball says.......................................post your tune and a log so we can look at it.

Tuner in Training
    I found and old tread that says "With a BR FPR you would use the Injectors.xls spreadsheet to get your 0Kpa number and use that across the board for your IFR"

Maybe that's what I need to do. Right now my 0kpa value is 84.8 and it steadily increases to 92.7 @ 80kpa.

TurboTA-2014-9psi-shiftspeed-changes.hpt

Senior Tuner
    What are you running for fuel? You have set your stoich point to 10.2...........................
    Last edited by mecanicman; 07-13-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Tuner in Training
    e85 my wideband still reads gas numbers. 14.6-14.8 @ cruise speed. And before the boost ref reg the wideband was reading 11.5 @ WOT just like I was telling it to in the boost enrichment table. Only thing that was changed was ditch the factory reg and went aeromotive 1.1 reg and return style fuel system using evap line for return.

Senior Tuner
    your injectors need to be set up the way you mentioned, change that and see what happens. Dont forget the offset vs volts vs vac also.

Tuner in Training
    Im going to put my base fuel pressure back to 58psi and change my injector fuel rate to 84.8 across the board.
    Would I still need to adjust the offset table if I run the factory 58psi? I found this thread on it but this guy is running less fuel pressure than stock with his regulator.
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...rn-fuel-system

Senior Tuner
    Yes, offset table needs to be setup same way, copy 0 column all the way across.

Advanced Tuner
    If running E85 that is truly 85%, stoich is 9.77

Tuner in Training
    Thanks mecanicman!

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    If running E85 that is truly 85%, stoich is 9.77
    And he'll still read mid 14's on his wideband when he's achieved that stoich value of 9.77.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Advanced Tuner
    Yep! Gotta sort of keep track of the conversion in your head.
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Tuner in Training
    Prob don't have true e85 here straight outta the pump. Idk though I have never checked it.

Tuner in Training
    Still running rich 10.3afr no change at all.... please help!
    Any ideas mecanicman???

7-17-14.hpl
    TurboTA-2014-11psi.hpt
    TurboTAconfig2.cfg

Senior Tuner
    From your config, get rid of Engine Oil Pressure, Mass air flow, mass air flow sae, delivered torque, dynamic airflow, both ltit, idle desired airflow, idle base airflow, idle adapt, idle ac airflow, long term fuel trim 1 and 2, fuel trim cell. Between Manifold Airpressure 2 bar and engine coolant temp I see an unsupported parameter, What is it? Add Afr commanded high res and afr error.

Disable long term fuel trims and enable short term fuel trims in your tune file. Disable dfco. in eq ratio 0 out 176 and higher colums.

Run another scan and post it, as soon as you vehicle is started and you connect, go to special functions and reset fuel trims, then start your log.

Senior Tuner
    In Addition, I suggest changing p0101-3 to 1-Mil on first error. I also suggest changing your stoich point to correct value for e85 before you go further. If you have your doubts about the percentage than test it.

Tuner in Training
    yeah my tune needs some work now I guess. It seemed pretty damn good before the reg but I guess it changed more than I thought. I did pull 5% out of my VE table in the boost areas and that seems to have leaned it out a bit. 10.8-11.0 now. I assume that's what your getting at by me needing to log afr error and make those other changes.

Thanks for your help man I appreciate it. Total newbie here!