Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LQ4 Turbo tune help please

Tuner in Training

LQ4 Turbo tune help please

Stock lq4 for 76mm turbo using 60lb seimens injectors stock fuel system return style with upgraded pump. I have a 2 bar map thats not installed wanted to do a maf tune if possible.. tried to use a couple different tunes that were supposed to be what i have but am still getting a super rich condition.. Im planing to bring the car to a tuner but its 3 hours away and i would like drive it there so im just looking for something that will get this thing up and running..

for some reason i have 5 items that are different that i cannot copy the information over to my tune.. they are close loop proportinal idle vs o2 error mine is unchangable in any way for some reason. throttle follower delay, main spark vs airmass low octane and spark correction multi vs startup ect..

my tune is original truck tune the others 2 i thought would be a good match as they were using same injectors but they both give me a super rich condition

original truck tune save.hptsilvylittlemoreshiftspd.hptmikes 2003 4x4 silverado half configured.hpt
    Last edited by Jrock; 07-14-2014 at 02:29 PM.

Tuner in Training
    anyone help at all?

Advanced Tuner
    It looks like you still have mostly stock injector settings which explains your rich condition.

Tuner in Training
    yes i tried copying over the other ones that are supposed to be for my injectors but they seem incorrect .. Im pretty sure i had a problem with not having the 2 bar sd tune enabled but now it is heres my current file i need to get it to work with M-9593-LU60 injectors.. i have found some info on them i guess they are siemens 60 lb but sold as ford injectors https://www.fordracingparts.com/part...-9593-lu60.pdf

heres my current file basically stock but should be setup for 2 bar ? it says its enabled now i just need to know what items to put where it dosent seem like i have enough information to do it with that pdf

stock with 2bar.hpt

Tuner in Training
    your VE table is set to 493 across the board. you didn't copy over your 1 bar settings when you converted to 2 bar. your injector flow rate is 25.2 across the board definitely not right. if you can verify you indeed have 60lb injectors i can provide you the settings i have used in my tune from researching. unfortunately, there is no exact data on this and people who do have good data don't want to share.

Tuner in Training
    yes i have M-9593-LU60 injectors heres the info when i bought them too
    the body on the injector part number is 108191

Specifications:
    Static Flow Rate: 60lb/hr = 875 cc/min
    Dynamic Flow Rate : 18.6 mg/pulse 2.5ms PW, 20 ms Period
    Coil Resistance: 12 Ohms (This high-impedance injector will work with all factory ECM/PCM injector drivers)
    Connector: USCAR EV6
    Series: DEKA
    O-Ring Type: Viton
    Last edited by Jrock; 07-15-2014 at 06:56 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Another question do i want to keep my stock regulator vacuum line connected ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by directnosfogger View Post
    your VE table is set to 493 across the board. you didn't copy over your 1 bar settings when you converted to 2 bar. your injector flow rate is 25.2 across the board definitely not right. if you can verify you indeed have 60lb injectors i can provide you the settings i have used in my tune from researching. unfortunately, there is no exact data on this and people who do have good data don't want to share.
    ???Does the engine even run this way???

I mentioned this above and directnosfogger mentioned it again - without proper adjustments, the PCM still thinks you have stock injectors. Stock settings with high flow injectors = rich. My math could be off a bit, but I would guess you are delivering nearly 80% more fuel than the PCM is expecting. This gets back to my previous question... does it even run?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrock View Post
    Another question do i want to keep my stock regulator vacuum line connected ?
    That is a choice for how you want to tune. Since you are turbo, vacuum / boost referenced fuel pressure is a good idea. On NA engines it doesn't matter as much. Overall benefit: you can put the injector flow rate across the board and the vacuum port keeps the fuel pressure constant as vacuum (or boost) changes. I'm not sure if a stock regulator can adjust for boost though (I've never tried or cared to research it).

Tuner in Training
    No it will not run in the current form i have no idea why my original tune i pulled from the car shows these problems just looking for someone to fix it.. i would love to pay someone to help

Tuner in Training
    going to be hard to pick who to let help me with the overwhelming support.

I would love to help you out. If it helps you out, I will PM you my email. But before we get started, what type of vehicle is this in? Is the vehicle a 4l80e? Also, do you own a wideband? If you are just looking to be able to drive it to a tuner, then take a stock 6.0L truck tune, and copy over the VE table, and then multiply it by 1.10. Just to be safe. While you are at it, copy over that same truck's main spark tables. Then, correct your injector values, and you should be ok to get where you need to go.

Tuner in Training
    Its a 4l80e 2wd in a jeep wrangler.. i do have a wideband.. i just need the injector values input correctly is where im stuck..

Tuner in Training
    not sure why that one i uploaded showed the messed up tables it seems there correct now.. back to stock should be with the 2bar map applied
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Here is your file, modded to start with, not a proper finished tune by a long shot. Its set for maf mode. All you need is injector data. Where do you get injector data? Go to summit racing and order the bannish dvd. Comes with an instructional video that you will find very usefull at this stage as well as the plug and play data for your injectors.

Tuner in Training
    I have the dvd's and the data but im not sure its correct for mine.. why do people feel this stuff is so secret anyways.. pm me if u need either .. thanks for the help camaro to get me running now i just gotta work on making this thing run good..

Senior Tuner
    There are 2 siemens 60# injectors, short a tall. The data and how to apply it is all the disk and is correct for your application. Take a stab at it, Ill pm you email if you want me to look it over after you have tried.

Tuner in Training
    can anyone explain to me why my injector data does not show the boost side only vacuum is editable from 0to80? on hptuners editor

Yeah, there is no way to edit that unfortunately. As you enter boost, it will just reference that "0" column.

Senior Tuner
    If you are running a manifold referanced fuel pressure regulator(should have been one stock or most boosted applications you install one), the number is the same for all conditions. So yes the computer will just look at 0 column, but its the right value.

Tuner in Training
    OK i just seen a few screen shots of people with the boost side too not sure how there showing it