Thread: magna charged vette running lean after adding a lot of fuel need help

Tuner in Training

magna charged vette running lean after adding a lot of fuel need help

Hows it going guys tuning a vette with a maggie on it and after he installed the headers its running extremely lean and no matter how much fuel i add it wont change a thing. before the headers it ran perfectly fine heres the tune with a bunch of fuel added hes running a walbro 450 60lb injectors on the stock returnless system. also after the install of the maggie the crank pressure got so bad he had to get a filter oil cap just so it can actually breathe but as soon as he did that it goes lean but with the stock oil cap on it drops the afr to 15.2
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    no one?

Senior Tuner
    Your running a stock operating system with stock air flow modes. So, your map sensor and ve table can only read up to 105 kpa. Whenever the car is in boost it only uses the 105 row at what ever rpm your at. BUT because you still have your MAF enabled it blends the tables and the maf takes over at 4000 rpm. So you really have not adjusted anything that is going to help you.

1. Do a lot of reading. Read how to put it into speed density mode and maf mode and then tune each table.
    2. I suggeset buying a 2 bar map and converting to a 2 bar speed density tune, not a must but works very well.
    3. Read some more.

Looks like a possible bad vacuum/boost leak to me. cap off the inlet and hit it with a little pressure (and smoke if ya got that) and see what you've got going on. Make sure the mechanical portion is all good, then work on the tune.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Your in closed loop, your wideband should read very close to 14.7 and it's not. You need to fix your wideband.

And I always turn off the AIR pump when tuning.

Russ Kemp