Thread: Weird idle issue

Potential Tuner

Weird idle issue

Looking for a little help with this as I'm confused on why desired RAF is so low. Car is an 04 gto with a m6. It has heads, cam, intake, tb, etc. With my initial upgrades of heads, cam, long tubes the car was running great. After adding a little bigger cam, 90 intake and tb, and new injectors, the idle has been a bit rough and wants to stall or stalls (a little after 18 mins it does on this log) every know and then. The higher the IAT temps, the worse it gets for sure but even on 100-110 its off. I used the idle guide and it got me this far, but now I'm kind of stuck. Does it make sense for the raf number that it is asking for to be almost half of the stock number (LTIT + STIT)? Stock in the 198 block on the raf table is .970 or so and this is asking for .5? I started at 1.8 due to the extra stuff. Even before my last upgrade, I was at 1.2ish and it ran fantastic. I did adjust the injector flow and calibrated maf settings, maybe that has some thing to do with it? Not sure. Other than idle, the rest feels pretty good. If anyone could give me a little explanation, that would be appreciated and maybe a bump in the right direction. Thanks.

after tune 1.hpl
    Last edited by Bob_50; 07-12-2014 at 09:02 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Bob- 50 post your tune so I can have a look at it and suggest any changes for you mate cheers Bret

Potential Tuner
    Idle.cfg

tune 1.hpt

Thanks for taking a look at it!
    Last edited by Bob_50; 07-13-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Potential Tuner
    After countless reading and testing, I finally figured out that I was crazy.... It turns out that my throttle body stop screw was actually turning on it's own (clockwise), and making the blade open more. I noticed this by logging volts for tps and was wondering why it was at .51v the other day when I know I started at .31v. My raf tables were way off anyway, but at least the problem wasn't occurring while sitting and idling just when driving. At least I can work on the idle follower and throttle cracker now properly instead of going back and forth trying to figure out what the hell is going on.. Just wanted to post this in case others might run into the same issue. BTW it is a Nick Williams 90mm throttle body.