Thread: Cylinder Airmass if off in VCM scanner 2014 silverado hd 6.0

Potential Tuner

Cylinder Airmass if off in VCM scanner 2014 silverado hd 6.0

Did some search and couldnt find any info on this or anyone having the same problem. The problem occurs on this truck ONLY. My truck is 2014 silverado 2500hd with 6.0. When i log it idles at 1.16 g/cyl witch is way high and goes up from there when you rev it up (goes out of the scale thats maxes out at 1.36) I am attaching the log and a screenshot so you guys can see what i am talking about. Please let me know if anyone has a solution to this problem. thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Still haven't solved my issue. If someone can point me in the right direction it will be appreciated.

I'm seeing the same thing, probably one of those features beta offers.

Tuner in Training
    For anyone looking for information on this in the future, I've found the Calculated Cylinder Air (pre-done under User Defined PIDs) seems to work accurately.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonHD View Post
    For anyone looking for information on this in the future, I've found the Calculated Cylinder Air (pre-done under User Defined PIDs) seems to work accurately.
    Yes for MAF or MAF/VE blended operation. The PCM actual uses a value derived internally which is used for Spark table look-up called Cylinder Airmass. That is the one you really care about. In Speed Density, the Calculated value becomes suspect especially if you have removed the MAF because it is based solely on the MAF airflow.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]