Thread: Hi guys

Advanced Tuner

Hi guys

Hey I know there's a couple SF Bay Area LNF guys on here. If any of you want to see what I've been up to, I'll be at Club Auto Sport in San Jose this Saturday morning with my Sky. Let's just say there aren't very many parts on the entire car that haven't been modified! My son will also be there with his Sky, it's pretty sweet too. Here's a couple teaser shots of my car...

Oh BTW, I read some of the stuff you guys have been working on here, keeping the LNF info flowing. Good Job!

Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 07-11-2014 at 01:14 AM.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    thats a sweet ride, nice job!
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

I wondered if you were still alive, . Looks very nice.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

so glad to see your back!!
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Advanced Tuner
    Wow - that is nice! I'm new to the LNF platform and have done quite a few upgrades since I bought the car 8+ months ago and have probably read all of your posts on the different forums at least a few times. How does the 60 to 100mph performance compare between the two different setups?

Nice job!!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyS View Post
    Wow - that is nice! I'm new to the LNF platform and have done quite a few upgrades since I bought the car 8+ months ago and have probably read all of your posts on the different forums at least a few times. How does the 60 to 100mph performance compare between the two different setups?

Nice job!!
    The LNF I had would do 3.4 second 60-100's all day long. I finally bent the rods in that motor. Freshened that motor up with new rods, pistons, rings and bearings and sold it to a race team I work with. That motor is currently in a Pirelli World Challenge GTS car.

I've only done ONE 60-100 run on my usual stretch of road with the LSA so far and it was a 3.0 second run. 60-100's in the 2's shouldn't be a problem once the car is dialed in better. High 2's, but still 2's! I think bone stock is around 8 or 9 seconds isn't it? lol.

HI TOM!!!!!!!!!! I'm still alive. Just too busy to deal with the forum BS. And no, I haven't been running any Ethanol in this car yet! Injectors are already at 105% with the fuel pressure the same as an LS9, 90psi at full boost of 13.5psi. Maybe some day I'll go to full E85 but with the 13 gallon tank I'd be filling up every other day! I hope you're driving that Camaro and not letting it gather dust in the garage like the TA. Hope all is well with you and your family.
    Last edited by gmtech16450yz; 07-11-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Very impressive! Both the LNF and the LSA.

I'm running the EFR6758 and spraying methanol and the best I've mustered up is a 5.4 60 to 100. Unfortunately I'm at 3700 feet and only have access to 91 octane fuel but on the plus side, everyone else around here runs the same fuel that I do so I'm still able to put a spanking on most of the newer V8's. Closest E85 is 200 miles and I don't think I want to run any of the AVGAS from the local airport.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    HI TOM!!!!!!!!!! I'm still alive. Just too busy to deal with the forum BS. And no, I haven't been running any Ethanol in this car yet! Injectors are already at 105% with the fuel pressure the same as an LS9, 90psi at full boost of 13.5psi. Maybe some day I'll go to full E85 but with the 13 gallon tank I'd be filling up every other day! I hope you're driving that Camaro and not letting it gather dust in the garage like the TA. Hope all is well with you and your family.
    Ya, 6300 miles in 2 years so it's getting whooped on a bit, Full corn, 95 lb/hr inj @ 80% IDC, 10 psi stock internals with 1.85 roller rockers, springs & pushrods. I can do a 3.6 sec 60-100 pull. Out of fuel pump again. lol. Maybe a cam & Squash FP this winter. Not bad for 4300 lbs (me & Bee).
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 07-11-2014 at 12:20 PM.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah 3.6 for that car is hella fast! I don't remember what I've done in our wagon.
    I was going to use the stock LSA fuel pump module since I have one but decided why go backwards. We both know the stock in tank LNF fuel pump is plenty strong for 550-600hp. I'm guessing this LSA is closer to 700 crank hp so it was just not quite able to maintain the high pressure I needed for stock injectors. Instead I went with a single in tank Aeromotive 340 Stealth and built a "returnless" system with a boost referenced regulator. It closely mimics what the FPCM does in the LSA and the LS9's. Full manifold vacuum fuel pressure is a little under 70 and full boost fuel pressure is around 90. It's having no problem whatsoever holding 90psi under full load, full rpm.

Oh my gina he lives! Badass car. Good to see the final build.

Is there a cars and caffeine this weekend at Club Auto Sport? I'll have to come down and check it out.

Funny you mention PWC. That was initially where I was heading with the racecar. Started with a campaign in SCCA T2 trying to undo the po's mistakes and having driven the car into the ground. Too much to undo during the season. =)

Looking forward to finally checking your sky out.