Thread: LSJ E85 Idle hunt

Tuner in Training

LSJ E85 Idle hunt

Hey guys, I don't come on here often but I thought I might try to get some help from the more knowledgeable. Long list of mods on the 06 redline, and to cut it short, it wont idle. Anything I do, and I mean anything, it bounces. Relevant mods: 80's, 2.8", ZZP phenolic spacer, ZZP S3 heat exchanger, dual pass, ZZP midlength header, catted downpipe, ZZP 2.5" cat-back resonated, K&N CAI, 1 steps colder copper plugs, E85, LS4 TB, AEM E85 pump, ZZP BRFPS. The things I noticed that helps with the bouncing the most are the over/under speed tables. I attached my most recent tune that is the best at idle, with two logs. I know they are short, they just show the problem of what is happening. Btw, WOT is beautiful, cruising is beautiful, no knock or anything. Except at idle, things get horrible.. Afr goes to shit no matter how much I adjust maf, or the ve table. And when the idle bogs and shoots up, I get some knock. Im not sure if its from my solid bwoody engine mounts though. Anyyyy help would be appreciated!

80e85fps.hpt79.hpl80.hpl
    2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
    Opel's, upgraded fuel lobe, 3 bar map, balance shaft delete
    [email protected]

Tune post? Just recent or always had this prob? If recent, what were the last things you added before bad idle started?

Tuner in Training
    Its there, its the 80e85fps.hpt. And it has always been bad. When I got it stock it was alright, still bogged after coastdown but then settled. I have the phenolic spacer and im thinking about ditching it. No matter howwww much I tune my car, my ltft's at idle ALWAYS crawl back to -14 or so. Its pathetic and makes me so upset. Anything I do, does not help.
    [email protected]

Sorry was reading this on my phone.

Tuner in Training
    I took my valve cover off today to check the lifters, cranked it over without spark or fuel and all valves open and close. Everything is clean. I also removed the phenolic spacer, intake temps are almost 30* hotter now, good thing im getting a ported blower. I also started the car without the belt on. It still damn bogged. Im thinking the pcm is going or my k&n sucks ass. Or I cant tune, but ive shown my tune to plenty of people and they say its fine. Any other ideas?
    [email protected]