Thread: guage wire for EIO?

Advanced Tuner

guage wire for EIO?

I just finished wiring my Lc1 into my truck. When I had it installed the calibration ground and heater ground were both ground to the chassis by the fusebox where it is powered. Now I took the system and analog ground and connected them to 14-guage wire and it comes out under my dash and will connect to the EIO. I did the same with my analog 2. Now my question, will 14 guage wire handle it, I guess I'm not worried about that being too small to handle the current, but will it be too large to fit in the EIO connections?

Also for a quick-connect type option, I used a 2 wire trailor-type connector so I will be able to just unplug it when I dont have my laptop or EIO in the truck with me.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

14 Ga sounds a bit large to me. I was using 22 Ga for my EIO. I don't know if the connectors can handle 14 Ga.

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Advanced Tuner
    that 14 guage is only to the 2-wire plug I have so I can quick connect it. On the EIO side of the plug I can run smaller if I need to I guess. I dont think that should hurt anything.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

if it fits in your quick connect...then its all good..

theres a certain point when you run into a resistance issue if you get really big and long wire runs...but you are not going to hit that..
    you would have to be using 0 gauge or 00 gauge tohave that issue....were talking feeder cable...welding wire...BIG stuff..and at that point the connector would be cam-locks.....um....and you wont be doing that..LOL
    -Scott -

Tuner
    Will a quick disconnect(s) present any voltage problems by themselves?
    03 LS-1 Vette, LGM Longtubes, BillyBoat Bullets, Halltech Stinger, Shaner ported & polished TB, LC-1 WB, Elite E2 Plate, BPP Shifter, DTE 4:10