Thread: 07 Silverado 2500hd tranny files

07 Silverado 2500hd tranny files

Truck has cam, headers, tvs1900 Tranny has never shifted the same since mods. I found a copy of the original file and pulled the current.

Can some one help? Is there that much difference between the two for the transmission? Should the original tranny files be copied over in to the current? If so, how is that done? Simply highlight, copy paste?

Note.... it shifts hard and the torque converter doesn't seem to be locking up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tom's2005gto; 07-10-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Tuner in Training
    The current trans tune looks good to me. Is the transmission stock? I mean, 4L80 is probably one of, it not the best transmission GM has ever built, but that is quite a lot of power you added to the engine. I wouldn't go back to the stock tune.

What kind of transmission temperatures are you seeing? When you say it is not shifting the same, what exactly is different?

Quote Originally Posted by CSTune View Post
    The current trans tune looks good to me. Is the transmission stock? I mean, 4L80 is probably one of, it not the best transmission GM has ever built, but that is quite a lot of power you added to the engine. I wouldn't go back to the stock tune.

What kind of transmission temperatures are you seeing? When you say it is not shifting the same, what exactly is different?
    I'll have to check the temps. I don't drive it very often. It shifts very hard / firm and it doesn't seem to want to lock up the converter until around 60mph.

Tuner in Training
    The current tune has lock-up engaging at between 50-60 for most light driving areas, so that makes sense. Unfortunately, with the lowered shift times and increased line pressure, you're going to experience a firm shift for most gears. Soft shifts put more wear and tear on the clutches/steels to accommodate for the longer shift. With the increased power, you don't want it to shift soft. But, if you really want the shift to be less harsh, you will have to add torque management back in and then increase shift times and decrease shift pressures. I would not recommend doing that though.

lock-up.jpg

ok, sounds good. I just wanted to make sure there wasn't something tuned in that was creating a problem. Thanks for looking it over.