Thread: E38 ecm with out upgradeable OS and BC

Tuner

E38 ecm with out upgradeable OS and BC

Hello I am learning here and have a question about the use of Bluecat. I have a E38 ecm that is not eligible for the OS upgrade. The question is if I run Bluecat do I need to use the standard format be it LS1,2,3 and not the formats with the higher map readings. The truck is turbocharged but when I use the formats with the higher Map readings I get weird VE tables(graphs) as shown in the attachments. If I use say the LS1 the graph looks normal. I do have the 3 bar map used in the ZR1 if that makes any difference. Thank you for any and all responces.

2.5bar ve.PNGls1ve.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    If you are starting with a N/A engine, import those coeffs/parameters into EQ<>VE, and select larger than a 1Bar (i.e. 2-2.5Bar) table, then you will see this occur. You need to hand smooth the values to give "sane" ones then start tuning it. Just because you're not using them in the 1Bar tables doesnt mean GM didnt include them in the calibration, GM just didnt bother tuning or using the MAP values over 1Bar for N/A engines. The values exist in EVERY Gen IV+ (except E40) ECM from 0kPa to 255kPa regardless of induction type.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

e-mail sent, correct Zone Map Boundaries and problem goes away.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Tuner
    Thank you Mowton and Scarabepic for the info. Thanks for everything Mowton.