Thread: Procharged 2014 GT stalling

Advanced Tuner

Procharged 2014 GT stalling

Ive got a 14 GT that stalls on occasion when the cooling fan kicks on. I assume its when high speed mode kicks in.

Now Im used to seeing a table that modifies idle airflow for when the additional electric load is placed on the system by the fan.

This car is running a SPAL fan, not the factory one fwiw.

Eric has said that there doesnt appear to be anything like the table I described in the code.

So whats the cure without such a table? Raise the regular idle airflow table up? Make the system more sensitive to rpm change in the negative direction?

Just interested in opinions and such regarding this. I will have an opportunity to revisit the car in the next few days, so I'll get to experiment then.

Im not on my normal laptop today, so I cannot post the current tune file. All I have access to is the stock read, which was backed up on my google drive.
    Dan Kelly - Stock Read.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    FWIW, I have already added about 20% to the idle air tables with no discernable difference in the idle speed stumble that occurs when the fan kicks on. I did not however try to increase the sensitivity to idle speed fluctuations.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    monitor voltage and see if you get a major drop
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    I will for sure.

Advanced Tuner
    Voltage did drop quite a bit. Understandable for the fan to be kicking on. I went ahead and increased the sensitivity to idle speed fluctuations and it now catches before stalling, but still slightly stumbles.

Senior Tuner
    Is the Spal fan using the factory control wiring so that the ecu sees the fan state?

Try working on the Idle Airflow Integrator Time Underspeed constant.
    Jaime

Advanced Tuner
    It is using the factory wiring and that resistor looking module that I assume enables fan speed control.
    I used the time under speed constant when I said I made it more sensitive. I gave it just enough of a change to stop stalling. Was kinda weary of going too far with it and causing an erratic idle. Especially since I didn't have a lot of time with it to experiment.

my car does the same thing, I noticed if you roll up both windows at the same time when they stop at the top and your still on the switch the idle dips then also. the voltage drops too much, I think its the alternator. pcm controls it but even w the charger off and stock intake tube and oe spark and air it still almost cuts off when the fan hits. did you figure it out?
    GOD HELP US ALL....

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry Kaine, I just saw your post. I seem to have helped it by adding to the driver demand torque in the area below normal idle. This way, when the electrical load increases and drags the rpm down, the PCM sort of preemptively increases throttle. I haven't had a chance to really test this out, as I just threw the change in there verified no hanging idle, and let the customer take the car. Will be going over the car in preparation of the Bradenton NMCA event this afternoon so I will thoroughly test it. Also going to try and see if anything in the alternator controls will help.