Thread: Scanning a 6.0 vortex school bus

Tuner in Training

Scanning a 6.0 vortex school bus

I'm curious about the capabilities of this software to scan a 2014 6.0 vortec in a school bus. I would like to scan the % load (not injector duty cycle or throttle %) that it is exposed to during a route. As well as the delivered torque. Are these pids available? Is the vehicle something I can scan? This is for my work. Could mean huge sales for hpt if this will work as they have no way of real time data logging buses and only can seem to source a tech 2 for any trouble shooting.

Tuner in Training
    It should have an E38 computer (ECU / ECM) then HP Tuners will do just as well for you as a GM truck, Camaro, Pontiac. Question is if you have an Allison transmission like the heavy duty trucks. It should read that TCM too, options different.

The engine/transmission in the GM vehicles, recent years, are a complete "system" talking between them so tuning on affects the other directly.

good response

384whp/303wtq
    Built 2.0LSJ: TVS w/2.6, 1000cc, Stage 2 cams, custom fuel system, E85, Dual Pass, 3"intake, 3" Catless exhaust, CIA midlength Header