Thread: 2011 Camaro V6 catalyst readiness problems...

Advanced Tuner

2011 Camaro V6 catalyst readiness problems...

As you can see from the pics attached below, I'm still fighting a catalyst readiness problems (420/430) even with the 420/430 codes set to "mill off" in the PCM. Can someone look at this and tell me what I'm missing? The car has headers with no cats. Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by That_guy View Post
    As you can see from the pics attached below, I'm still fighting a catalyst readiness problems (420/430) even with the 420/430 codes set to "mill off" in the PCM. Can someone look at this and tell me what I'm missing? The car has headers with no cats. Thanks.
    That particular trick works on certain GM PCMs but it will not work with this ECM. None of the settings in the drop down will allow you to make them "ready."

Change the Cat DTC's to disabled. What do the numerals stand for (8 & 35) for some of the DTC's, yet there is no option to select them?

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by caesar View Post
    That particular trick works on certain GM PCMs but it will not work with this ECM. None of the settings in the drop down will allow you to make them "ready."
    Soooooo.....Do you have a suggestion on how to resolve the issue since we've now covered how I can't resolve the issue? Or are you suggesting there isn't a resolution in this software and this vehicle is stuck not being able to pass emissions?

Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    Change the Cat DTC's to disabled. What do the numerals stand for (8 & 35) for some of the DTC's, yet there is no option to select them?

Russ Kemp
    Russ, thanks for the reply. I don't think I'm following you though. What do you mean by #8 and #35?

The only other thing I see I can set to disable is this picture shown below. Is there a newer version of beta that has more options for catalyst disable function?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Soooooo.....Do you have a suggestion on how to resolve the issue since we've now covered how I can't resolve the issue? Or are you suggesting there isn't a resolution in this software and this vehicle is stuck not being able to pass emissions?

Russ, thanks for the reply. I don't think I'm following you though. What do you mean by #8 and #35?

The only other thing I see I can set to disable is this picture shown below. Is there a newer version of beta that has more options for catalyst disable function?
    That was the suggestion - you can't do it on this ECM just by switching or disabling things - not because of HP Tuners but because of the design of the ECM. There is a company or two that will patch the operating system and make it work, but otherwise, you just have to install cats on the car.

Russ was referring to some of the switches in the DTC list. Some show up as "8 or 35" instead of "Disabled" or "Enabled." On Bosch ECMs, some of the DTCs have extra actions assigned (such as, "if this DTC is on, switch to limp home mode") and these haven't been assigned a value by HPT in the drop down but they are correct.

Advanced Tuner
    I see. Well that sucks. Can you PM me this said company that can get me a patch? I would greatly appreciate it kind sir.

No, set the P0420 & P0430 codes to disabled. But yes, you should set the cat heating to disabled as it will prevent the spark timing being retarded to heat the cats faster.

Russ Kemp

Advanced Tuner
    How about the evap? Can I trick that somehow? In our state you're allowed 1 readiness code to show not ready, so if I can get the evap readiness set I can get this guys car to pass.

Has this been fixed or anyone know a way around it yet?

Potential Tuner
    im having the same problem have you found a fix for it evap readiness?