Thread: Can we read SCT tunes?

Tuner in Training

Can we read SCT tunes?

Anyone know if we can read SCT tunes? I'm looking in to a tt hellion kit for a 14' gt and want to use their base tune to start tuning off of.

Yes.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Senior Tuner
    Good news Eric. Since there is just read support so far we got the SCT Tune for the Mustang. This would be a good start for sure, but the SCT Tune leaves a few things to be desired if you catch my meaning. It seems pretty good WOT but driveability suffers with it for sure, mainly some bucking at light load and constant speed. Its the first thing we will be attacking here for sure!
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Advanced Tuner
    My current tune is based off of a tune Eric did for me about a year ago...I've also ripped a couple tunes I've gotten from other tuners as well.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Tuner in Training
    ^ want to upload a few for a stock 5.0 on to the tune repository please

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06bluchevy View Post
    ^ want to upload a few for a stock 5.0 on to the tune repository please
    For clarification, I don't believe it would be appropriate to suck a tuner's tune off and make it publicly available for everyone.

If you use a tuner's file to build your own custom tune from and then make that available that would be different IMO.

That will keep the "plagiarization" down and everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post
    For clarification, I don't believe it would be appropriate to suck a tuner's tune off and make it publicly available for everyone.

If you use a tuner's file to build your own custom tune from and then make that available that would be different IMO.

I agree with this.

Do your own work.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by wbt View Post

Completely agree.

Tuner in Training
    I would tend to agree with this if the product was 100% functional and the scanner worked 100% but with out that your just guessing. So those individuals who spent 700 plus buck for the freedom to do these things plus 1000s on credits over the years on gm tuning would probably just use theirs as a starting point until the software is working properly and take off on their own. That is would I would like to do because I do not feel like messing my vehicle up and don't do others until it is understood completely.

Advanced Tuner
    I've been using my sct livelink gen 2...it's a pain in the ass but everything we will be able to log w/ hpt is there in sct, just slightly different format. It takes a little more work, in my case I can't get sct to work on the same laptop as hpt. One runs w7 the other w8. I've tried jumping through all the hoops of getting sct to work on the 8 pc but to no avail. Works just fine on my main tuning laptop, a 10.1" mini, but given that the compare function isn't enabled yet and I like to have both my current and the one I'm modifying open as to be able to check my work it's much easier to use the bigger for tuning currently. When the compare function starts working in beta or in the final release then I'll go back to using the mini again. Until then 2 laptops w/ datalog open on one and the tune on the other w/ a calculator in the middle.
    "I didn't fail, I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Tuner in Training
    When do we think we will be able to read 04 and older? I would be interested in reading and working with the hptuners as I could real time tune as opposed o loadi g tunes and reflash and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by watman02 View Post
    When do we think we will be able to read 04 and older? I would be interested in reading and working with the hptuners as I could real time tune as opposed o loadi g tunes and reflash and so on.
    I would expect to be able to read in the next few weeks.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric@HPTuners View Post
    I would expect to be able to read in the next few weeks.

Let me know when Eric and I can get you a ton of reads from different vehicles asap.