Thread: E38 MAF Tune- AFR Error good but STFTs off?

Tuner in Training

E38 MAF Tune- AFR Error good but STFTs off?

I've been working on getting my MAF dialed in on my '10 Camaro LS3, just has Longtubes and CAI. I went out today and logged AFR Error on Maf Airflow vs. Frequency table. Once I logged and had the data, I pasted (multiply by %) the AFR error into the MAF Airflow vs. Frequency table in my tune with the Editor. After logging again, the AFR error looks good except for a couple cells at the bottom, which I'm not concerned with. My question is why do the MAF STFTs look so bad when AFR is looking good? In my config file I'm looking at Histos 8 and 11. Also just curious if it looks like I'm doing things right from my .cfg file....just getting started tuning.

Thanks in advance for any info!

MAF Tune 1 Log.hpl07-06 MAF tune 1.hpt
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ScarTissue48; 07-06-2014 at 11:03 PM.

Tuner in Training
    LTFTs are disabled but I didn't zero out before I disabled them....does that matter?

I always reset the fuel trims before I do any logging, even with LTFTs disabled. I think I forgot one time and had it affect my AFR because it was already applying STFTs. Since then I am tuning in open loop anyway since I have the Wideband.
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Senior Tuner
    Let the car run for 15 minutes after any/every flash before you log anything again...then try again. Pain in the ass, but I haven't yet figured out a way around it on these cars.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

^^ That too. I have been having less issues since I've started doing that. I run it for the 15 minutes then clear the fuel trims when tuning in closed loop.
    2012 Camaro SS/RS M6. TVS2300 w/rear OD cog drive and ported lower manifold, On top of a forged 416.
    1999 GMC Sierra 2500. Stock 6.0L, LT headers, cat delete, and Airaid intake.
    1965 Oldmobile Cutlass. 5.7L LS1/4L60E transplant in progress from 98 TransAm donor car.

Tuner in Training
    I'm really thinking its the fuel trims....will mess with it this afternoon and log some more and let yall know how it goes