Thread: 2001 silverado 4.8 po121 after cam install...shifts funny HELP!!

Potential Tuner

2001 silverado 4.8 po121 after cam install...shifts funny HELP!!

2001 silverado 4.8 po121 after cam install...shifts funny HELP!!

my son has a 2001 Silverado 4.8 we installed a tr 224 cam and a set of 243 heads,3600 fti converter headers etc etc...having a problem with a code po121 and the transmission shifts funny...I know on hpt u can disable the code but how do you correct it so the transmission will shift back to normal...thx

Senior Tuner
    Solve the tps problem first, dont disable. Then post a log, the tune, and a more detailed description of "shifts funny".

Potential Tuner
    here is the tuned file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...fts-funny-HELP!!

P0121 is a predicted value diagnostic. Those predicted limits can go out the window with mods such as cams. IMO predicted value diagnostics are for stock vehicles, not modified ones.

Senior Tuner
    WAY TO MUCH TIMING! From about 0.60 down lower timing from 30's to 26 max, and probably lower for tuning purposes. Nothing else stood out, have to see log.

Potential Tuner
    here is log file...didn't see any knock with that timing
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You need to drop your full throttle shift rpms because of the converter. Drop them down to 5500 and see where that gets you, then you will have to play with full throttle mph and rpm to get it where you want it. Right now your hitting the rpm limiter at the shift.

Potential Tuner
    yes I did correct that...I guess I need to make cruise log file trans seems to shift early and lockup then unlock like its not getting the correct tps info...does the rest of the file look ok

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fast86 View Post
    yes I did correct that...I guess I need to make cruise log file trans seems to shift early and lockup then unlock like its not getting the correct tps info...does the rest of the file look ok
    I see a few issues. What's the gearing in the rear end?