Thread: iat spark advance correction

iat spark advance correction

I know heatsoaking is a big issue with the gto's. installed the vararam intake yesterday and it helps a lot. looking at my iat spark advance correction table and noticed, it started pulling timing at 86 degrees. can I change that to 0 degrees of timing pulled,
    don't think my iats will hit 120 so I wanted to know can I change the table to 0 till 122 degrees ?
    thanks in advanced.

Go for it.

I always raise it up just past 100-110ish, if it does affect anything it's not hard to just lower the timing down a degree or two in the octane table.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Ok cool.

Advanced Tuner
    It is just for safety purpose.
    You shall consider the IAT used fot tuning you car and how many degrees of margin you had prior to notice knocks.
    I will keep some degrees after 86F but no zero'out

I wasn't going to zero out the whole thing just a few degrees above 86 so I don't get timing pulled at low temps.

There are plenty of guys who zero that table out all the way up to 164 -176* with no problem me included. Ive logged plenty of times and never notice any knock at those temps so why have it pull timing.

Quote Originally Posted by monte4ever View Post
    There are plenty of guys who zero that table out all the way up to 164 -176* with no problem me included. Ive logged plenty of times and never notice any knock at those temps so why have it pull timing.
    Yup. If it's not showing any KR then why not.
    2014 ZL1. Manual trans.

2011 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 gasser, 6 speed auto

Quote Originally Posted by monte4ever View Post
    I have mine zeroed up to 130* which is what my truck will reach when I cruise around town. Never see any knock in scans.
    2012 Colorado 5.3
    Magnum 70mm turbo
    RevMax 2800 stall converter
    DevilsOwn meth

Advanced Tuner
    If you don't see any kr at 130F at wot (which is on heat soak) then at 86F you should have some big margin on spark advance...if you have an aggressive tune till 86F then above you might experience some knocks that you can cure only in that conditions so by removing some degrees on iat table.

Thanks.
    The tune is stock as of now, gonna start messing with it soon.
    With the vararam my iats never see passed 115 and that's sitting in traffic in 100 degree Florida weather.