Thread: RPM dip during shifts

RPM dip during shifts

I bought another G8 GT a few weeks ago and I am working some bugs out of the pro tune. One that has me puzzled is during light throttle acceleration, the engine rpm dips a few hundred rpm and then returns to normal after the shift. Perhaps this is normal but I've never had a stalled car before. It drives and shifts perfectly at higher throttle. It was previously tuned by a shop. The gears and stall were accounted for.

I can post a log later but the pertinent mods are
    Rebuilt stock trans
    Yank 3200
    3.45 gears.

Is the rpm dip normal with a stall or what should I look at in the tune?

Heres a log that demonstrates what I am experiencing. Frame 2680- rpm dips 200 during the shift from 1 to 2. Happens at all shifts noticeably except for 5-6.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You have torque management turned on which is what's causing it. If you notice that at the same time the RPM drops the timing does too.

Tuner
    Post the tune.
    I only pull out 20% TM at part throttle and my car doesn't do anything like that at all.
    I'm saying it's your shift times and pressures. That shift lasted damn near 3/4 of a second.
    2013 ZL1 A6

The pro tune that came on the car had full TM. I pulled 50% out of cruise and it virtually went away. I hadn't noticed the TM until someone mentioned it. The partial shift times are 0.3. Could be shortened to 0.25 but I don't want them any faster than that.