Thread: horizontal and vertical smoothing

Tuner in Training

horizontal and vertical smoothing

Anyone ever tried this function? I was looking at a 3d view on the ve table in one of my older tunes. I seen the spikes and valleys and figured id smooth with these two function for the heck of it. The 3d table came out smooth as can be. Im going to assume this is a terrible way to smooth due to so many cell changing, but it sure is faster than my usual hand blending lol.

All the time. Best smoothing function of any software I've used honestly! To pinpoint specific locations highlight the area of the table you want to smooth and then use the function and it'll only smooth the selected cells. To help you get a visual of the 3d map right click the mouse on the 3d map and you can rotate/tilt to your desire. If you right + left click the mouse you can zoom in/out on the 3d graph. This greatly helps dial in VE surfaces and various other tables within the calibration.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the reply James. It seems like a great feature to me as well.

Tuner in Training
    When would you use the interpolate function over smoothing?

I only use the interpolate for very small selections or in areas that I know are linear or close to linear when roughing the VE surface. In the end you won't have very many linear portions. It will be a curve more than likely depending on the setup which is where smoothing comes in handy.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Tuner in Training
    Good to know, thanks again!