Thread: tips on power tune

Advanced Tuner

tips on power tune

Has any one got some advice or tips for my drag power tune, mods are bone stock ls1 and cam, d1sc procharger, fast intake, 92mm fast throttle body, 1 7/8 headers twin 3 inch exhaust, 2 044 bosch pumps, 78lb injectors, th400 box with trans brake, 3.5 diff gears. It's running about 6.5 psi and we run a 12.3 on the week end in a 3700lb car with out the trans brake. So I am going to up the boost and run e85 but I would like to exhaust this set up first. Any tips would be great thanks..
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    really no help on here at all!!

Tuner
    Being new on here I think I will take this one as I have done lots of searching and have seen tons of threads go unanswered.

You didn't ask any questions in your post.
    You asked for tips... But didn't state your goal.

Your list of mods is great, but whats your current power level and whats your goal power level?
    If you don't state what you are trying to do how are folks going to help you to do it?

I do hope this comes across as constructive.
    2002 1500HD Cast Iron 6.0, ISKY Cam 218/218 110 lsa, Pace Setter LT's, and some other goodies too...

my personal advice, you can make some gains bringing the final timing to a 14-16 instead of the 9s on your tune;just recheck your VE to stay away from knocks because of lean condition.

in the normal PE table and low rpm/map area you can go with a leaner afr , 13 - 12.8 and work mid rpm/map with a 12.5 , and making it richer since centrifugal sc builds boost linear as rpm raises . your boost enabled PE can start at 105kpa with that 11.5 your commanding

learn to PROPERLY read plugs, put fresh plugs in, make a pass, read the plugs adjust accordingly, rinse, lather, repeat. If you want to fly a little more blind, get your fuel dialed in, starting with very conservative timing, make a pass, add 1 degree make another watching your short, mid and long times. If the car likes your changes, you'll know it. continue that direction until your gains are diminished. With the 60' times, it's not always about what makes the most power or what you know then engine likes, but what the tire can hook. If you're blowing tires and you're out of tire and suspension adjustments, start pulling timing on your launch.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks for the replies guy's, I will have a play with timing and fuel which I was going to do. It's just nice to get some one else to run a eye over your work and tell you what they think I am all for constructive criticism.