Thread: Knock retard still on?

Advanced Tuner

Knock retard still on?

My truck was previously tuned by another tuner before my cam swap. I've since swapped my cam and heads and started messing with tuning myself. Question is I haven't really seen any knock retard yet. Just want someone to check that my knock retard settings are still set properly or if previously tuner tuned knock retard out?

2004 Silverado lq4/243 228r 112lsa. What would be ridiculously high spark advance with a cam at wot think now its around 26* wot.

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone? I'd hate to start adding timing and find out some knock table has been modified to the point it wont pick up knock or actually pull any timing if it does

Tuner in Training
    Under spark> knock sensors, see where it says knock sensor tps, the max tps. All my tunes have that value at 100%. Other than that seems good. Its normal to not see knock. That's a good thing. You only have 24* of timing at WOT from what I see so you shouldn't see any Knock. Increase 1 or 2 * until you detect knock then back off. That's my opinion

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. I forgot this current spark table was only 24*. The original tune was upwards 27-28 and never saw any knock count.

Could also check out a stock tune from the repository and compair.