Thread: Commanded A/F going very rich!

Tuner in Training

Commanded A/F going very rich!

Can anybody give an explanation of whats going on here? Tune is scaled 50% but same issues before the scale. SD 3bar OS. Commanded A/F is going to .46, injectors go full open and backfires through exhaust.
    eq.jpg
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Capture.JPG

Try getting rid of the highlighted items from your scanner.
    I'm thinking you are confusing the system by having the std map sensor along with the 3 bar map sensor.

Ron
    Y2K C5 A4 Coupe (10.78 @ 127) Cathedral port 6.2
    S476 L33 5.3 69 Nova 8.76 @ 158 Drive to the track street race car
    06 Cobalt SS bought new

Events appear to begin when you hit 210+ Kpa. Assume you get out of it immediately which is why decal follows immediately after event or do you think it happens on decal?

Why have you set the Minimum Fuel Milligrams to .002? Stock is .041.

Ed M
    2004 Vette Coupe, LS2, MN6, Vararam, ARH/CATs, Ti's, 4:10, Trickflow 215, 30# SVO, Vette Doctors Cam, Fast 90/90, DD McLeod, DTE Brace, Hurst shifter, Bilsteins etc. 480/430

ERM Performance Tuning -- Interactive Learning ..from tuning software training to custom tunes
    HP Tuners Dealer- VCM Suite (free 2hr training session with purchase), credits and new Version 2.0 turtorial available
    http://www.ermperformancetuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ERMPerformanceTuning

[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    Capture.JPG

I'm thinking you are confusing the system by having the std map sensor along with the 3 bar map sensor.

Ron
    ^^^^^ This.^^^^
    My personal experience combined with a guess is that when you reference items that the custom OS has been designed to mask, you are overriding the OS and causing conflicts and confusion within the PCM that make it do crazy things. I don't see anything in the tune that would cause this.
    I noticed you're running in open loop and have your OLFA table has varying values above 1.0 in the hot ECT region. Are you wanting 13.13 commanded AFR's while cruising for any reason?
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSnova View Post
    Capture.JPG

Ron
    Thanks for the responses, I tried this already, it does this with or without the interface hooked up.

Events appear to begin when you hit 210+ Kpa. Assume you get out of it immediately which is why decal follows immediately after event or do you think it happens on decal?
    Yes, seems to happen at the same kpa everytime, still in the throttle when it happens, let off when it does it.

Why have you set the Minimum Fuel Milligrams to .002? Stock is .041.
    I noticed you're running in open loop and have your OLFA table has varying values above 1.0 in the hot ECT region. Are you wanting 13.13 commanded AFR's while cruising for any reason?
    No idea when these things changed, started with the tune that was in the car. reset the min fuel, this car doesn't cruise.

I would start with the stock MAF tune and change what needs to be changed to get you back to where you are now. You have a lot of transient fuel items that are changed in a huge way for whatever reason.
    The only other thing that I noticed is how low your voltage is. I would recommend checking your PCM grounds.
    Hsquared racing engines RHS 427, Procharger F2, Moran Billet Atomizer injectors, Alky Control,Mast LS7 heads, Nitrous outlet kit,Tilton quad disc clutch, DSS shaft, RKT56 ZR1 trans, RPM Quaife diff. Built and tuned by yours truly.

Tuner in Training
    FIXED! since I didn't have a stock file to start with I downloaded one from the repository. Made all my changes and it fixed the issue! Thanks for the input!

What did the final tune file look like so we can compare.

Tuner in Training
    Pretty much the same tune just a different base file. I had tuned this car last year and remote tuned it when the customer was at the strip. Since I expected it might be a corrupt file, I had him email me the tune I had sent him last year. After making the changes for the new injector data, I reloaded it and even tried a write entire. Still had the issue. The only other changes beside the injectors was to remove pats since the car has no BCM or ignition switch now.
    I changed just the important stuff by opening my original and copy and pasted to see if it would pull through the full range without the hiccup, which it did.
    I looked through my log history and didnt see anywhere where I had changed any transient fueling but the car was tuned when I got it by another shop.