Thread: how to log knock?

how to log knock?

i cant figure out how to log knock. i found "Knock Sensor 1" but it shows me a voltage as the reading and i dont know what it means. so if anyone could help me out here id appreciate it. figured id get the scanner able to log everything i need before i start messing with the tune.

so far all ive done is mess with the throttle settings so it feels a little (just a little) better to drive but it still needs more power. this 2v 4.6, as it is now, doesnt feel too inclined to get my truck up to speed with any haste lol.

ive attached a pic of what pids im monitoring so if theres something i should add to it or take off please let me know. thanks.

table display.png
    2008 Sky RL

Advanced Tuner
    histograms

I don't think the scanner supports logging Knock Retard yet. You can get a general idea by plotting your timing in a histogram. I believe the 2.25 scanner will support it.

Quote Originally Posted by 79 z28 View Post
    histograms
    doesnt really help me out much. theres nothing that says knock retard.

histogram.png
    2008 Sky RL

Quote Originally Posted by Exley View Post
    I don't think the scanner supports logging Knock Retard yet. You can get a general idea by plotting your timing in a histogram. I believe the 2.25 scanner will support it.
    i thought the 04 f150 was already supported?
    2008 Sky RL

Use SCT or compare real timing with this You have in tune. All tables are available, so You can take calculator or excel sheet and You will get knock retard.
    Eastern and Central Europe American Muscle and Harley-Davidson tuning
    www.hd-customs.pl
    http://www.facebook.com/hdcustomspl