Thread: ECU Dead?

ECU Dead?

Hello All,

My tuner told me to come HP tuners for questions when it comes to the engine codes I'm receiving. I own a 2005 GTO that has been sitting in a garage the last 3 years of it's life, the car has roughly 33k on it. A good friend of mine has tuned the car for me both times we have needed it and is normally very knowledgeable when it comes to ECU issues.He believes the ECU is dead but is not 100% sure as the car was running fine 2 weeks ago till it killed the stock clutch finally. Once we replaced the clutch my brother and my buddy/tuner were out driving it and the car went into power reduction mode followed by some kind of safety mode I think they said lights and bells were going off like crazy as if they were going down in a jet. They limped the car back to a local shop going 15mph and he ran home and grabbed his laptop to run the codes. The following image is what we got, we cleared the codes a few times and every time all of the codes would come back. The car currently will not start unless you pop start it and it barely idles. There is a bottle on the car with headers and intake, besides that I have left it alone. If there is any more details needed I will gladly provide what I know. We have checked some of the codes on All Data which is what leads us to believe the ECU could be dying/dead. They doubled checked all the wiring they unplugged when they removed the transmission and the O2 Sensor have been unplugged for a bit as we were currently working on making it so the headers would not cook them all the time.

IMG_1955.jpg

Tuner
    try disconnecting your battery for 30 mins then connect & turn it on see what it does
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Quote Originally Posted by Joshtuning View Post
    try disconnecting your battery for 30 mins then connect & turn it on see what it does
    Sure, I'll give it a go tonight.

Tuner
    Let me know what it does
    Josh Performance Tuning (956)784-0059
    https://www.facebook.com/joshperformancetuning

Senior Tuner
    There are 2 ignition 1 voltage circuits supplied to the engine control module (ECM). The first ignition 1 voltage circuit is provided by the engine control relay, through the engine sensor fuse, located in the underhood fuse block. This ignition 1 voltage circuit supplies power to all the internal ECM circuits associated with the throttle actuator control (TAC) operation, and to both TAC motor control circuits to the throttle body. The ignition switch provides the second ignition 1 voltage circuit, to power all the other internal ECM circuits except those, which are used for TAC operation. The ECM continuously monitors both ignition 1 voltage circuits. If the ECM detects a voltage level difference between the 2 circuits, DTC P1682 will set.

Thank guys, sorry for the delay on what is going on we are still trying to get to the car it's been hot out.