Thread: New user, used unit

New user, used unit

I purchased an HPT Pro setup used from someone with the same year, make and model car as me. I probably should have asked this question before I bought it, but the license is transferable right?? I hope I didn't just waste a bunch of money. I believe the unit has 1 credit left on it so I'll need to order more to even use it on my car. Before I jump down the rabbit hole I wanted to find out if I needed to do anything special since the tuner was licensed to somebody else originally. Because if I buy more credits I would need them deliered to me, and not the 1st owner. Thanks in advance.

Potential Tuner
    You will have to register the unit with HPT, I just went through the same thing, create customer login etc, but you may need to email support because it is used unit, reg it, download and install the latest version, and then you will probably need to spring for some credits to license the car. Did you get the application key as well? I supplied support with the SN# and app key, as well as the original purchasers email address.

I'm new but I just did it like 2 days ago.
    Last edited by Backhoe; 07-01-2014 at 02:11 PM.
    1998 Oldsmobile LSS, S2 3800 L67 supercharged, Intense fenderwell intake, 3.2 MPS, SSAC headers, cat delete, 180 stat, AL 104's, Aeroforce Interceptor scangauge, Gloshift boost gauge, custom A-pillar by Pat

Thanks for the help. I'll give that a try! Good luck with your L67

Potential Tuner
    You should update your sig line with your setup. Cheers!
    1998 Oldsmobile LSS, S2 3800 L67 supercharged, Intense fenderwell intake, 3.2 MPS, SSAC headers, cat delete, 180 stat, AL 104's, Aeroforce Interceptor scangauge, Gloshift boost gauge, custom A-pillar by Pat