Thread: 1999 k3500 454 with 411 swap knock problems

Advanced Tuner

1999 k3500 454 with 411 swap knock problems

I have a 99 k3500 454 truck that had the black box I read were it seemed like allot of people have done the 411 swap over the last couple years but know when trying find more info seems like allot of people talk about it but have never even done it. I have always had several issues over the last year and have gotten some worked out from others here and allot of reading but still having a knock problem. I always just figured it was maybe false knock but it is real. I noticed the other day cruising down the interstate about 65 or so and if you load into it I could hear pinging had windows up and a/c down real low and radio off. So today I was back on interstate and had laptop with me and could really see it. About a month ago I also was towing my 36' two car trailer with a Altima and expedition on it running some windy hilly country roads and noticed it was knocking then on laptop but couldn't hear it. Kr1 is while I was loaded. Knock and knock 1 are just truck on highway no load. Here is also tune Please help before I tear this motor up. I really like all the added benefits of the 411 but am really thinking when do I have time to repin everything back to the blackbox.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    im having the same trouble.
    Robert Mitchell ----- Rmitch1902

Tuner in Training
    My platform is a

97 Chevy suburban k2500 3/4 454

0411 pcm

Ive tweaked a lot of my latest tune, but haven't drove it or logged anything yet.

Here are my last log files.

I will run another log today, and upload my current tune along with it.

Mabey we can get this stuff figured out.

I noticed my truck seems like it has a exhaust leak, but muffler shop couldn't find one., or didn't want to mess with it..... ?

they said it was just lifter noise, .. yeah there is a lil , but its a bb... so what ya going to do...

Im thinking that some of my noise could be something contacting the exhaust somewhere.

Tuner in Training
    I did notice I had my knock sensors set up wrong possibly.

Every other tune I have seen has had the 454 with the dual knock sensor set to resonant , with only one knock sensor selected , and on cylinder mode.

I had it set to resonant , dual knock sensors , on cylinder mode.

And it was picking up knock with light tps change.

Now it isn't picking up any at all....???

Is this the correct setting?

Tuner in Training
    I got most of the knock taken care of now.

But it is leaning my fuel mix out to much at wot still.

Probably the cause of the rest of my knock.

Tuner in Training
    Here is my tune and last run with config.

Hit some knock a few times..

Nothing like it was before.

Potential Tuner
    so hows this coming along? i just did the same swap, a 454/4l80 411 swap into a 2door tahoe. haven't done much tuning, just some idle setup.