Thread: not sure where to look or who to talk to but I need help

Tuner

not sure where to look or who to talk to but I need help

Not sure if this is even in the correct location in the forum but if it needs to be moved let me know.

Here is some information....
    1st off I've never tuned anything nor do I have any tools or software to do so. I'm just trying to get some info on why my truck is acting crazy. I have looked on performancetrucks and haven't really come up with anything. I have do a 4l60e to a 4l80e swap in my 03 gmc sierra with a 06 6.0 lq9. I did everything correct and this is what my truck is doing after getting my ecu back..

It will go into every gear manually but when I put it in "d" it will reach like 1800 rpms and start jerking and jumping and tries to die. It feels like a misfire, thats who bad it jerks but its not because it threw these 3 codes.

p0740 and p0785 and p1810

Can anyone shed some light on where do start? I have read that the segment swap is not done correctly if it throws these codes but Texas Speed is saying they sent my file to hp tuners and they did the segment swap so I'm not sure what to do from here. Can someone tell me how to contact someone to find out if the segment swap was done correctly? I don't have the tools or I would send the file myself to HP tuners. I just didn't have the money for the initial investment and I'm regretting it now. Please help. Thanks

Tuner
    It's going to be hard for anyone here to help you with really no information at all.

What are your mods?
    Who tuned it?
    2002 1500HD Cast Iron 6.0, ISKY Cam 218/218 110 lsa, Pace Setter LT's, and some other goodies too...

Tuner
    Sorry, Texas Speed tuned it but they sent the file to hpt to do the segment swap. thats all I know. I have no clue what they did other than that. Still trying to figure that out. My mods are. 581 220/224 comp cam. flow master muffler, beehive springs, tci shift kit, upgraded oil pump, CAI, 3000-3200 circle d converter, detriot trutrak. Thats about it. From what I am reading, it sounds like a segment swap was done wrong.

Not sure who tuned it before Texas Speed got it and I don't know what they changed versus the old version and if they even did change anything besides the shift points and segment swap via HPT. I have no clue what was done. The tuner is supposed to get back with me about what was done but no word yet.

Tuner
    I am truly no expert with this stuff so I am trying not to offer any help. But.

If you paid someone to tune it and it's not right have you went back to them for help?
    2002 1500HD Cast Iron 6.0, ISKY Cam 218/218 110 lsa, Pace Setter LT's, and some other goodies too...

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like you don't have hpt? Nothing we can do for you if you don't. Send it back to Texas speed or seek out a local shop. If you put a 6.0/4l80 in not sure why would need a segment swap, just start with an 03 stock file with that combo.

Tuner
    Well I'm not sure if it's a tuning issue. Thats why I wanted to ask you guys if you have any suggestions. Texas Speed thought it was mechanical but I don't think so, so that's why I wanted your opinions. I don't have hpt but Im seriously considering buying it. I've got a lot of money in the swap already and don't want to fork out more money but it sounds like thats the best route. I have no clue what Texas Speed Performance(tsp) did or didn't do. They said they sent the file to hpt and they did the segment swap but I'm not sure if it was done right. Mechanicman, thats what I'll mention to him. I have no clue how all that works but I'd really like to learn.

Tuner
    well, I decided to buy hp tuners. I'll be updating you guys. Not sure where to start, but I will be watching some videos and reading up on where do start.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bmorrow8 View Post
    well, I decided to buy hp tuners. I'll be updating you guys. Not sure where to start, but I will be watching some videos and reading up on where do start.
    So, when you get hp tuners and connect it to your vehicle, it will scan it (be sure to check "high speed" before you click "begin) and prompt you to save your stock file. Name is something that you can easily recognize as original and post the tune up here.

Then, we can help you a bit more.

Tuner
    Thanks madmann26. I should get it in thursday and will be download the file thursday night or friday morning.