Thread: Does the Stoich. Reference table work in my 1999 GTP??

Tuner in Training

Does the Stoich. Reference table work in my 1999 GTP??

Morning everyone,

I have heard some questions around the Stoich. Reference table in the 97-03 GTPs... I am looking to switch over to E85 this weekend.

Does the stoich. table actually work? Currently, mine is set at 14.7... (gasoline). I am hoping that I can simply change it to 9.85 for switching to E85 and be done.

Let me know!

Thanks

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 97AutoXVette View Post
    Morning everyone,

I have heard some questions around the Stoich. Reference table in the 97-03 GTPs... I am looking to switch over to E85 this weekend.

Does the stoich. table actually work? Currently, mine is set at 14.7... (gasoline). I am hoping that I can simply change it to 9.85 for switching to E85 and be done.

Let me know!

Thanks
    it doesnt quite work like that. all that would do is change your reference to something you arent particularly familiar with. its easier to just leave it and shoot for afr in the high 10's low 11's on your WB. tune the maf and PE accordingly.
    - 2001 Grand Prix XGT -- 11.57@122MPH
    - 2010 Chevy 2500HD LTZ -- Car hauler
    - 2011 BMW 328i Xdrive -- Wife's Daily
    - 2008 Ford F350 -- Under powered Pile O' Shit work truck

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by G_P_K View Post
    it doesnt quite work like that. all that would do is change your reference to something you arent particularly familiar with. its easier to just leave it and shoot for afr in the high 10's low 11's on your WB. tune the maf and PE accordingly.
    Thanks for the reply, and I can understand that. However, currently, I am targeting (and obtaining via Wideband) 11.0 AFR above 50% throttle and it's working great on pump gas. I only change the PE tables to get exactly what I want for AFRs. I have not changed the MAF at all.

I guess I wonder if the Stoich. Ref. table is actually used by the PCM? I am still under the impression that I can leave my MAF as is, and injector flow rate table, and all I would need to do is change my stoich. reference to that of E85. Then I could go into my PE table and put in my new target AFRs (7.3 at WOT for E85) and so on...

Does that make sense? Wondering if anyone can also chime in who has changed their stoich table on 97-03 GTPs with success.

Thanks!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 97AutoXVette View Post
    Thanks for the reply, and I can understand that. However, currently, I am targeting (and obtaining via Wideband) 11.0 AFR above 50% throttle and it's working great on pump gas. I only change the PE tables to get exactly what I want for AFRs. I have not changed the MAF at all.

I guess I wonder if the Stoich. Ref. table is actually used by the PCM? I am still under the impression that I can leave my MAF as is, and injector flow rate table, and all I would need to do is change my stoich. reference to that of E85. Then I could go into my PE table and put in my new target AFRs (7.3 at WOT for E85) and so on...

Does that make sense? Wondering if anyone can also chime in who has changed their stoich table on 97-03 GTPs with success.

Thanks!
    the way you describe is the way i tuned the first e85 car that i did. it can certainly be done that way, i just found it easier the way i described.
    - 2001 Grand Prix XGT -- 11.57@122MPH
    - 2010 Chevy 2500HD LTZ -- Car hauler
    - 2011 BMW 328i Xdrive -- Wife's Daily
    - 2008 Ford F350 -- Under powered Pile O' Shit work truck

Tuner in Training
    One more bump before I switch over to E85 this weekend!