Thread: Idle AFR?

Tuner in Training

Idle AFR?

What should my idle AFR be? Mostly stock LS1, seems to be idling about 10 to 1 which seems rich

I can't find much good info on what AFR is healthy across the board.

Depends on the fuel being used but idle AFR should be 14.7:1+-

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by PICNIC_GEORGE View Post
    Depends on the fuel being used but idle AFR should be 14.7:1+-
    So I need to lean out my idle. I put in 42# racetronix injectors and have their data in the tune but it's still showing up very rich.

I'm not sure of the manifold vacuum scaling for the flow rate, though I have it configured at 48.860 for 0 vacuum. (so at least I adjusted from the default 42# at 43.5 PSI)

I kind of guessed for the scaling.

For the Offset vs. Volts vs VAC I got a chart from the manufacturer that let me get 0 vac values in. I then looked at the stock values at 80 vac and found the percentage increase from stock at 0. Then increased my new 0 vac values by the same amount and blended the values in between.

What injector tables would affect this? (not much data out there for these beyond a very simple PDF from the manufacturer)

According to racetronix it's 48.83, but Banish's FRPP 42lb injector sheet says 52.206(which would make sense for your problem, that is a huge discrepency). I'm not at my laptop to look at my injector worksheet.

Advanced Tuner
    should be stoich mate ..whatever your stoich afr is set at in your tune