Thread: E38 Big Turbo

Tuner

E38 Big Turbo

Have a friend wanting me to tune his E38 vcm he has in a lexus with an LS3 and big turbo, 220# injectors. VCM is from a 11' vette. Motor is stock heads/cam but forged.

It has been a while for me, but I have tuned a few large turbo cars, how are the SD capabilities of this vcm? And how is the injector scaling capabilities?

What is best, 2.5bar or 3bar map? I remember that the 2.5bar is pretty popular. Part# for plug and play?

Thank You
    2001 Z06 - Blown (Sold )

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    why 220# the E38 depending on OS is capped to run 130# i believe also you should consider a return fuel system with a boost referenced regulator. it will give you a lot of head room with 1000cc injectors.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    With 220's you would think big power on methanol or e85. The map sensor depends on target boost pressure and what's available for the os. Read the file off and the software will tell you what's available in that regard. But if memory serves me that ECU is gonna be limited to 2.5bar. If the plan is to use the potential of those injectors, that may not be enough.

If you need direct help, I'm just about 2 hours away in Naples.

Tuner
    220 is what he has on the car now. I told him that sounded like overkill, but that is what he has. And he has the car running. He just has no experience with SD and I do so...I am going to take a stab at it. So will the vcm be difficult to tune for these injectors? Since he already has it running, I'm guessing not.
    2001 Z06 - Blown (Sold )

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post file lets see what kind of scaling is going on with a log
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161