Thread: turned on front 02s, now car runs slower

turned on front 02s, now car runs slower

05 gto m6. Messing around with hpt and noticed bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 were shut off. The tune file is stock. Don't know why they would be shut off from the factory. So I turned them on. Now the car feels slower less snappy.
    Why?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slobalt342 View Post
    05 gto m6. Messing around with hpt and noticed bank 1 and bank 2 sensor 1 were shut off. The tune file is stock. Don't know why they would be shut off from the factory. So I turned them on. Now the car feels slower less snappy.
    Why?
    Shut off how, exactly?
    Jaime

Senior Tuner
    Saw your other post. The DTC's being disabled, does not equal the sensors being off. It would take other settings to "Disable" the fron O2's. as to why it feels "less snappy", thats hard to say. Without any real data to back up your claim, it is hard to determine whats going on.
    Jaime

The dtcs were shut off, I turned them on and no it feels less snappy
    I thought that's how you shut them off.

I can log a file tomorrow and post it

Senior Tuner
    No, that just keeps them from reporting errors with the sensors. It doesn't keep the VCM from using the sensors to trim the fuel. It will still run in closed loop with all of the DTC's turned off.
    Jaime

Ahh, so when I force open loop is when they get shut off. Ok makes sense, if that's the case how the hell do I shut off the rears, I shut off the dtcs

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by slobalt342 View Post
    Ahh, so when I force open loop is when they get shut off. Ok makes sense, if that's the case how the hell do I shut off the rears, I shut off the dtcs
    You don't need to "shut off the rears". The rears don't do anything at all to change how the engine runs...they're only there to monitor emissions. You can just disable the codes for the rears and not worry about it.
    2010 Camaro SS M6. Stock Bottom End, Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust.
    2005 Silverado RCSB. Forged 370 LQ9/Borg-Forced Inductions T6 S484/Jake's Stage 4 4L80E with D3 Brake/4WD.
    2023 Durango Hellcat

Ok cool, thanks for the help guys.