Thread: Dyno tune mode? and removing all torque management on 2014 Mustang GT

Dyno tune mode? and removing all torque management on 2014 Mustang GT

Read in a Muscle Mustang mag article awhile back on remote tuning, AED was the tuner, basically they tuned a stock 5.0 after receiving a SCT log and on the dyno it picked up only about 12 RWHP gain but the car was over 6 tenths and 3 mph faster in the 1/4.the tuner said Mustangs have a dyno mode where when the front wheels aren't turning Mustangs will show big HP on the dyno but it doesn't have this much HP when the front wheels are moving because of torque management. any truth to this?.............. my 2014 GT is a manual with an offroad X-Pipe,ported inlet on intake ,and a aluminum 1 piece driveshaft........I'm no expert tuner by any means I've bought a few tunes(MPT and BAMA,etc) and read them but they don't seem to address torque management I'd like to turn off all the nannies, I've removed all tip-in spark retard that I know of(made a world of difference in initial take off as in it's not herky jerky anymore) ,anything other TM I can remove? any tuning tips as far as power is concerned?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    the mustangs are torque based, everything is related to torque. you cant just turn it off. log TORQUE SOURCE to see if there is anything limiting you at WOT.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    the mustangs are torque based, everything is related to torque. you cant just turn it off. log TORQUE SOURCE to see if there is anything limiting you at WOT.
    would torque limiting been a better term?...torque management to me has always been the manufactures way of protecting engine and drivetrain for warranty purposes but it leaves performance on the table

Advanced Tuner
    There are quite a few things that try to take control on the car. Items such as:

1. Clutch protection
    2. Transmission TQ management and associated tables
    3. Advance Trac settings

etc....

I agree you have to make a change, log, make a change, log, make a change, log, etc... This is where street or track tuning becomes mores valuable than dyno tuning. Dyno tuning is good for cam timing adjustments. The rest should be done on the street or track under real load conditions.